Media center config

Budget (including currency): The less the better

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Just for a Media Center, connect a 4k tv

I am looking for acquiring a Media Center, or making it, the thing is, what is better for this.

I don't know if going with Raspberry pi, or maybe a miniPC, i was also thinking about having 5.1 sound output, and for that maybe is better to build a cheap pc and add the sound card, what do you people think? 

12 minutes ago, AnthoRufus said:

Budget (including currency): The less the better

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Just for a Media Center, connect a 4k tv

I am looking for acquiring a Media Center, or making it, the thing is, what is better for this.

I don't know if going with Raspberry pi, or maybe a miniPC, i was also thinking about having 5.1 sound output, and for that maybe is better to build a cheap pc and add the sound card, what do you people think? 

Hello, I think this is rather interesting so I took it head on. I made you a build list so that you can build it yourself. The Case that I picked is fully Mesh so that it can vent Cool Fresh Air in and expel all the Hot Air. Just be sure to note which way you are putting the Fans in so that Air moves in the direction that it should, there are "Arrows" on the Fans to tell you which way the Air will go through them. Since this is a Media Center PC I wanted it to be as Silent as possible so I added a bunch of Be Quiet! Fans for the Case, some regular size and 2 that are really small and this will really help move the Air through the PC which is really good. Please refer to the Manual to find out were to place the fans in the Case. As for the Fans that already come in the Case, you will replace them with the Be Quiet! Fans. I did not add a Video Card (GPU) as it's only supposed to be a Media Center and it will run just perfectly on a CPU with Integrated Graphics. I did however put in a bigger Power Supply just in case you wanted to add a GPU later  on.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. Also DM me if you would like my Business Email, Website, and Shop Phone Number.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VTBmyK

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600G 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI PRO B550M-VC WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Silicon Power A60 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($65.97 @ Amazon)
Case: Silverstone GD11 HTPC Case  ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2 26.3 CFM 80 mm Fan  ($9.90 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: be quiet! Pure Wings 2 65.51 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($10.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $658.22

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

2 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Hello, I think this is rather interesting so I took it head on. I made you a build list so that you can build it yourself. The Case that I picked is fully Mesh so that it can vent Cool Fresh Air in and expel all the Hot Air. Just be sure to note which way you are putting the Fans in so that Air moves in the direction that it should, there are "Arrows" on the Fans to tell you which way the Air will go through them. Since this is a Media Center PC I wanted it to be as Silent as possible so I added a bunch of Be Quiet! Fans for the Case, some regular size and 2 that are really small and this will really help move the Air through the PC which is really good. Please refer to the Manual to find out were to place the fans in the Case. As for the Fans that already come in the Case, you will replace them with the Be Quiet! Fans. I did not add a Video Card (GPU) as it's only supposed to be a Media Center and it will run just perfectly on a CPU with Integrated Graphics. I did however put in a bigger Power Supply just in case you wanted to add a GPU later  on.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. Also DM me if you would like my Business Email, Website, and Shop Phone Number.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VTBmyK

Motherboard: MSI PRO B550M-VC WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Silicon Power A60 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($65.97 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $658.22

OMG this is  a really good build, and i could add to it a sound card right?

Just now, AnthoRufus said:

OMG this is  a really good build, and i could add to it a sound card right?

Yes, I am so sorry that I forgot to add one. Let me fix that.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XZZLv3

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy FX V2 24-bit 192 kHz Sound Card  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $718.21

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

5 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Yes, I am so sorry that I forgot to add one. Let me fix that.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XZZLv3

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy FX V2 24-bit 192 kHz Sound Card  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $718.21

That looks nice, it is going out a little bit of my budget, of 500e but i can tweek some things to reach it, that is a good case but it doesn't exist here, so i may start there 😄

4 minutes ago, oofki said:

HDMI?

Oh right, HDMI does support 5.1 audio

53 minutes ago, AnthoRufus said:

Just for a Media Center, connect a 4K TV

Chromecast with Google TV 4K, and a 4 bay Asustor NAS or similar, Plex/Jellyfin-compatible NAS. Itll be cheaper, your NAS can do so much more than just media center duty, and you can get more seamless, TV friendly experience on online streaming services.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

14 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Chromecast with Google TV 4K, and a 4 bay Asustor NAS or similar, Plex/Jellyfin-compatible NAS. Itll be cheaper, your NAS can do so much more than just media center duty, and you can get more seamless, TV friendly experience on online streaming services.

that is right, but it may be a little more complicated than a simple plug and play media center

46 minutes ago, AnthoRufus said:

That looks nice, it is going out a little bit of my budget, of 500e but i can tweek some things to reach it, that is a good case but it doesn't exist here, so i may start there 😄

I think it might be worth it if you could have it imported or shipped to you like buy  it from the US and just have it shipped to you.

In your original post you didn't mention a set budget price, you just said that you needed it as low as possible. I thought that I did that for you.

4 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

I think it might be worth it if you could have it imported or shipped to you like buy  it from the US and just have it shipped to you.

In your original post you didn't mention a set budget price, you just said that you needed it as low as possible. I thought that I did that for you.

Yes and it is perfect, i may complete it over time, starting by the most important pieces and then upgrading them

4 minutes ago, AnthoRufus said:

Yes and it is perfect, i may complete it over time, starting by the most important pieces and then upgrading them

That sounds good as long as you don't need it right away. If you like I can always contact me by DM and I will give you my Business Email and Shop Number if you run into any problems.

I import things all the time because stock might run out here in the US. Items might be plentiful in the UK or in Japan or China, or Canada. About 15% of my orders are from imports. To give a prime example the extremely popular CPU Cooler the Thermalright Peerless Assassin/Phantom Spirit often goes out of stock here in the US and it has been my #1 CPU Cooler requested for the last 6-10 months. I try to keep them in stock but they fly off the shelf quicker than I can stock them sometimes. I live in an area where I'm the only Custom Build Shop.

9 hours ago, AnthoRufus said:

that is right, but it may be a little more complicated than a simple plug and play media center

Except not really. For Plex there are nightmarish amount of tutorials on it already due to how dominating they are in mouth-to-mouth marketing on media center landscape, and the same goes for Jellyfin but not to that high of an extent.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.