Linus might have mispoken (unintentionally) about what sponsorships they accept.

In the latest Wan show, Linus mentioned that LMG has never taken a sponsorship for supplements, sexual apparatus, gambling and healthcare. But in the latest MacAdress, they took a sponsorship from a company called Ritual, making supplements. Yes, he does mention that something might just slip through, so I found it really funny and ironic that it happened in literally the latest video right before WanShow.

Just wanted to bring to notice.

Most likely @LinusTech wasn't aware of that sponsorship, especially since it's a new sponsor and not a sponsor read that he was personally involved in. AFAIK there's a bit of separation between the writers/presenters (inc. Linus) and the sponsor and business side of things. The business team vets and secures the sponsors and the writers/presenters might not be in the loop until it's time to do the sponsor spot.

Do you have a timestamp for the WAN show episode where it was discussed?

If you did want to leave feedback regarding the Ritual sponsor (beyond just Linus' WAN show comments) then please drop a comment here:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@Spotty

for today's Wan Show starting at - 00:14:55 upto 00:16:07, and as for MacAdress video, the timestamp for Ritual is there in the video.

21 hours ago, daddyodevil said:

In the latest Wan show, Linus mentioned that LMG has never taken a sponsorship for supplements, sexual apparatus, gambling and healthcare. But in the latest MacAdress, they took a sponsorship from a company called Ritual, making supplements. Yes, he does mention that something might just slip through, so I found it really funny and ironic that it happened in literally the latest video right before WanShow.

Just wanted to bring to notice.

I've got an email scheduled for the biz team for Monday. I'd like to get caught up on what happened here. I might've gotten our internal guidelines wrong on the WAN show. It's possible there's something about this sponsor (haven't looked into them yet) that makes them aligned with the conversations we've had in the past. It's also possible they screwed something up. I dunno. We'll figure it out and clarify next week.

Linus