1100 USD gaming system, compatibility check and advice needed

Leopoldix

Budget (including currency): 1000-1200 Swiss Francs

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: A little bit of everything (Blender, music production and video editing) but mostly gaming (modern AAA games, particularly shooters like Doom Eternal, Overwatch and similar games)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I will also need to upgrade my 1080p60 monitor, I've decided to go with 1440p144(+). At the moment, I'm using a HP office computer that has been upgraded to a 1050 Ti and I'll probably get the the PC in the next week or two if everything works out. I don't have a use for side panels or RGB)

I took a long break from the PC building community (My head still can't get around "consumer" cards being much more powerful than a 1080Ti) and I've been planning on getting a new system for quite some time now. After some research, this is the system I came up with:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700X

Motherboard: B550 Gaming X V2

Storage: WD Blue SN570 (2TB)

Memory: 2x16GB Kingston FURY Renegade DDR4 at 3600MHz

Graphics Card: Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 6750 XT ELITE

Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 (600W)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 (155mm)

Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 (White) - No need for a glass panel, my PCs on my left and to the floor so I couldn't see it even if I wanted to.

Monitor: Gigabyte G27Q (1440p144)

My immediate concern is my power supply, while the system is rated at around 435W on pcpartpicker.com, I don't know whether or not the Pure Power 11 will allow for upgradeability in the future. I'm hearing a lot of consumer complaints on how much power PC parts consume nowadays and I don't know how this will translate into my options down the road.

I'm sure some will find the RAM to be a bit excessive but RAM is affordable enough to where I don't really see a substantial issue in opting for 32GB instead of 16GB.

I do also understand that my motherboard will have to be updated to support my CPU. From what I could find, updating it would be quite easy and would not require anything beyond a working USB drive, is that true? I remember that some motherboard updates used to require a compatible CPUs, though my memory could have failed me here.

Now, I'm not sure about the monitor. I understand issues like ghosting in cheaper displays and the advantages of OLED and the like. I'm not that competitive of a gamer* (anymore) and most gaming monitor reviews talk about the products from the angle of the greatest competitive advantage and seem to care a lot less about the more casual gaming experience. I've heard mostly good things about the G27Q and its colour accuracy but is there perhaps a more fitting monitor for someone that wants to have a high refresh rate monitor but a great monitor for viewing movies and the like? An allrounder of sorts.

*I also don't really care about anything beyond 144hz as a consequence.

All recommendations and criticisms are appreciated!

18 minutes ago, Leopoldix said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: A little bit of everything (Blender, music production and video editing) but mostly gaming (modern AAA games, particularly shooters like Doom Eternal, Overwatch and similar games)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I will also need to upgrade my 1080p60 monitor, I've decided to go with 1440p144(+). At the moment, I'm using a HP office computer that has been upgraded to a 1050 Ti and I'll probably get the the PC in the next week or two if everything works out. I don't have a use for side panels or RGB)

I took a long break from the PC building community (My head still can't get around "consumer" cards being much more powerful than a 1080Ti) and I've been planning on getting a new system for quite some time now. After some research, this is the system I came up with:

Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 (White) - No need for a glass panel, my PCs on my left and to the floor so I couldn't see it even if I wanted to.

My immediate concern is my power supply, while the system is rated at around 435W on pcpartpicker.com, I don't know whether or not the Pure Power 11 will allow for upgradeability in the future. I'm hearing a lot of consumer complaints on how much power PC parts consume nowadays and I don't know how this will translate into my options down the road.

I'm sure some will find the RAM to be a bit excessive but RAM is affordable enough to where I don't really see a substantial issue in opting for 32GB instead of 16GB.

I do also understand that my motherboard will have to be updated to support my CPU. From what I could find, updating it would be quite easy and would not require anything beyond a working USB drive, is that true? I remember that some motherboard updates used to require a compatible CPUs, though my memory could have failed me here.

Now, I'm not sure about the monitor. I understand issues like ghosting in cheaper displays and the advantages of OLED and the like. I'm not that competitive of a gamer* (anymore) and most gaming monitor reviews talk about the products from the angle of the greatest competitive advantage and seem to care a lot less about the more casual gaming experience. I've heard mostly good things about the G27Q and its colour accuracy but is there perhaps a more fitting monitor for someone that wants to have a high refresh rate monitor but a great monitor for viewing movies and the like? An allrounder of sorts.

You could get a 5800x3d and a 6800 (non XT) in that budget, you would probably want to go with a 650w psu at the lowest, if you go with a 5800x3d and a 6800 then a 750w.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

9 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

You could get a 5800x3d and a 6800 (non XT) in that budget, you would probably want to go with a 650w psu at the lowest, if you go with a 5800x3d and a 6800 then a 750w.

That cpu doesn't do so hot in productivity task such as video editing. 

29 minutes ago, Leopoldix said:

Nice build although I would be looking for a 750W power supply.

33 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

What level of workload would iz need before running into issues? I presume it doesn't struggle substantially with something like 1080p60 footage.

1 hour ago, Leopoldix said:

That's a B-Tier psu on the Cultists list and should be fine. I ran a 6700 XT and an i5-12400F on a multi-rail 450W unit. It was A-Tier (BitFenix Formula 450 Gold), but still, 450W was fine for running that plus six mechanical drives, two SSD, and three case fans. Though I'd consider buying a bigger PSU mainly for the better efficiency by keeping it more in the sweet spot of the efficiency curve given what electricity costs these days. Which is part of why I upgraded to a Corsair RMx 750W unit. Though mostly for putting less heat into my house vs saving money on electricity, since it's insanely hot in Texas where I live (heat index was 50C today).

It's not excessive at all. When I was running 16GB I'd have to close every single program I had running to play The Last of Us Part 1 without getting major stutters, as that game chews through system RAM. 32GB is definitely what you want to be buying these days. Especially with how cheap RAM is.

Looks like a really good monitor for the price. At least for the $229 it sells for in the US.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/g27q

Looks good, although id definitely try to find used 3070/3080 at this price instead or the price competing 3060Ti. Although youre going to lose in games, AMD is quite heavily battered in Blender due to their apathy to OpenCL. And you can definitely cost compress here and get a 650-750W even PSU by getting a leaner 3200C16 RAM kits.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Looks good, although id definitely try to find used 3070/3080 at this price instead or the price competing 3060Ti. Although youre going to lose in games, AMD is quite heavily battered in Blender due to their apathy to OpenCL. And you can definitely cost compress here and get a 650-750W even PSU by getting a leaner 3200C16 RAM kits.

I wouldn't drop to a 3070 when he says his system is mostly for gaming. That card is already aging terribly for gaming thanks to that 8GB of VRAM. If he was saying his build is mainly for Blender different story then. Since he mentions Doom Eternal, the 3070 even gets beat by the lowly 3060 12GB in that game with RT at 1440p thanks to that 8GB.

https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/doom-eternal-test-rtx

eternal.png

1 hour ago, Why_Me said:

Oh we also need to do productivity, then OP can just use a 5700x.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)