Monitor is periodically going off/black for a few seconds

I bought an LG 27GP850 about 2 years back, and it was fine for a while, but it started displaying odd behavior. If i was using the extended freesync mode, and had gsync enabled, every so often, the screen would go black (backlight turned off too) for a second or two, often flashing on for a split second before turning off again. It would do this several times before the image came back. 

I sent it back to LG to repair it twice, but nothing helped. Ive used multiple different display port cables, different ports on the back of my gpu, i also bought a whole new gpu (not for thos reason, i was upgrading anyway), but nothing has fixed it. 

I was convinced it was the monitor at fault, not anything else, as the only other suspects i thought about could by gpu, which was brand new, and this was a problem on both the old and new one, or the cable, which as i said, was switched out several times.

I bought a new monitor, and its happening on this monitor as well. The LG doesnt have this problem on my brothers computer so im kind stuck at this point. Its a massive problem, as i will be in the middle of a gun fight or something, and every other game, i will just lose the image for a couple seconds.

I asked on reddit, and someone said they had a similar problem to me, and theres was caused by an improperly seated graphics card. I checked mine, but its as far in as it will go. This however did get me thinking. I had no problem with the monitor for a long while after i got it, but one thing i did do is buy a new case, the fractal design pop air. Is it possible that the case could be preventing me from fully seating the gpu? I didnt think of this initially, as this problem doesnt occur on my tv, which gsync is also enabled on, and i mostly use my tv anyway, and its never happened once on there.