How many of your "fired" LTT in the past?

I check every few days to see what videos are interesting, watch if it looks interesting, don't watch if it doesn't look interesting. Pretty much what you should do with most things.

The only exception is reviews of hardware I'm interested in where they do performance measurements, the reason is I tend to look through multiple videos and reviews.

I used to watch the WAN show but I can only really focus on one thing at a time and I don't really have 3-5 hours as they sometimes go on for to hear them ranting about something. I did used to put them on in the background but I got a pet that needs intermittent time so I just stopped. No salt, no firing, we just changed differently as all things do in life and our paths diverged.

7 minutes ago, apharma said:

I used to watch the WAN show but I can only really focus on one thing at a time and I don't really have 3-5 hours as they sometimes go on for to hear them ranting about something.

I listen to the audio podcast version on my commute, but I don't go out of my way to tune in live. If they discuss something visual or show off a new product, I'll check that highlight (thanks, timestamp person in the YouTube comments!) or the LMG Clips snippet.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Clickbait and thumbnails... I've just stopped clicking on videos for a year or so. Similarly stopped tuning into the WAN show for a long while during that period when Linus's comments became unhinged. Especially with the whole backpack situation when he doubled down and made a shirt to both make fun of and capitalize on genuine feedback/concern. This was on the back of his comments on how to treat a community after the implosion of Artesian Builds. Certainly wasn't a good look to be condemning another CEO for disrespecting a brand ambassador, then immediately throw grenades at hundreds of your own community members and LTT Store customers. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 6/7/2023 at 1:45 PM, Radium_Angel said:

I stopped watching their videos years ago, mainly because the camerwork gave me a headache (bouncing all around as if the camerman was drunk, piss poor focusing, etc) the click bat headlines and stupid facial expressions on the thumbnail was just an added bonus

Just seen this.  I DONT'T WATCH THEM !!!!
SIXTEEN THOUSAND posts on their forums 🤣

The attack helicopter joke wasn't particularly funny, but I'm not fragile enough to be triggered over it. If as much as a joke like that bothers you, there really is no hope for you in the real world.

The only LTT video I have ever disliked (IIRC) was the Piracy video on the WAN show. Linus had a really bad take and weirdly decided that was a hill he wanted to die on, despite being called out on how silly it was by many people.

I don't mind clickbait thumbnails/titles as long as the videos are worth watching (for me they normally are). Unfortunately LTT kind of have to do them as the algorithm likes that sort of thing. Don't believe me? look at Mr Beast's god awful thumbnails.

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 1700, 12 GB, RX 580 8 GB  Second Rig: FX-8150, 16 GB, R9 290 4 GB 

Third Rig: FX-6100, 16 GB, GTX 780 Ti 3 GB  Twin HP Compaq Elite 8200 Towers: i7 2600 (x2), 16 GB (x2), HD 5450 1 GB (x2)

31 minutes ago, Fluph said:

Just seen this.  I DONT'T WATCH THEM !!!!
SIXTEEN THOUSAND posts on their forums 🤣

Forums...and videos, are two different things.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I've done it several times, first time with the clickbait titles and thumbnails.  Second time, it was when I became content with my PC build and I just gradually cared less about PC hardware so I stopped watching.  Started again for a bit during the pandemic, and it seemed like Linus was going off about something random all the time on Twitter.  The whole "adblock is piracy thing," the Attack Helicopter joke in a video, and when he attacked someone on twitter asking about LGBTQ tech content creators, saying how that person shouldn't be looking at their sexual orientation on if they're good or not.  (The person who asked him this wasn't saying that, they were just curious as a fellow LGBTQ person). Ofc, the cesspool twitter is, Linus going off caused a bunch of chodes to come out of the wood work and force the person who asked the question to lockdown their account. 

Now, most of the videos I don't find interesting, so I'll check once a month or smth and see if anything seems interesting.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

asking about LGBTQ tech content creators, saying how that person shouldn't be looking at their sexual orientation on if they're good or not.

Linus was right - In the tech space, identity and sexual orientation is completely irrelevant, and asking about 'LGBT tech creators' is a stupid question.

A creator should be judged on how knowledgeable or skillful they are, that and that alone

If I'm researching a product, I want the review to be done by a competent reviewer, LGBT or NOT.

I don't want to take my chances getting misinformation on a terrible product simply because I wanted a review conducted by a transgender reviewer instead for example.

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 1700, 12 GB, RX 580 8 GB  Second Rig: FX-8150, 16 GB, R9 290 4 GB 

Third Rig: FX-6100, 16 GB, GTX 780 Ti 3 GB  Twin HP Compaq Elite 8200 Towers: i7 2600 (x2), 16 GB (x2), HD 5450 1 GB (x2)

In the spirit of the question, I stopped watching Real Civil Engineer because the editing gave me headache. For whatever reason they started full-screening the parts of the screen with action (they record gameplay), but big thinks moving and changing fast just gave me headache.

Also, they started spending first 5 minutes explaining what is the game about, which gets annoying if you already know.

12 hours ago, E-Waster said:

Linus was right - In the tech space, identity and sexual orientation is completely irrelevant, and asking about 'LGBT tech creators' is a stupid question.

A creator should be judged on how knowledgeable or skillful they are, that and that alone

If I'm researching a product, I want the review to be done by a competent reviewer, LGBT or NOT.

I don't want to take my chances getting misinformation on a terrible product simply because I wanted a review conducted by a transgender reviewer instead for example.

And you also completely missed what the person was asking also.  
Like, yeah, Linus isn’t wrong, but that’s not what the person was saying, asking, or insinuating.  

It was simply about inclusivity and feeling like they weren’t alone, especially considering that the YouTube tech space is basically represented by straight dudes.  They weren’t saying that a gay content creator is better than a straight one.   

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.