Freesync premium doesn't work on Minecraft anymore

owosoup
Go to solution Solved by Nihilistic,

Hey IK i'm late, but in the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, I went under "Graphics", then "Advanced", and I turned on "OpenGL Triple Buffering" and that fixed it for me.

It's not uncommon to go out of my way for fixing things on my computer, but here I'm completely lost.

So, I used to have freesync (premium) on with Minecraft Java edition (I use sodium and shaders as well as other mods, but it worked).
I wanted to record things with AMD adrenalin's included video encoder, but it wasn't working. I tried a factory reset, and it worked, now I can record.
But now freesync doesn't work with minecraft anymore.

-I can tell that freesync is on or not because my monitor will have higher ghosting at lower refresh rates.
-Freesync reduces but doesn't completely eradicate screen tearing in minecraft.
-Vsync with sodium is horrible, it throttles my fps to ~80 where I could be getting over 140.

-I'm not sure if resetting adrenalin software was the cause, but it seems like the most likely thing.
-I have tried enabling freesync globally or locally (in the games tab) for the java process.
-Freesync works with other applications just fine.

I haven't updated my mods recently, and the most recent change before it started happening was my factory reset of AMD software. 

Ask me anything you need to know if you have anything to help.
help D:

"As long as it won't fall down a cliff, get driven over by a car or shot out of a mortar it's going to be just fine."

• 1 month later...

Hey IK i'm late, but in the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, I went under "Graphics", then "Advanced", and I turned on "OpenGL Triple Buffering" and that fixed it for me.