Windows 10 not using full bandwidth

Hi all,

So after years of pestering Openreach to install Fibre in my area, it was finally installed by a company called BeFibre. However as of today, all devices on my network are gettin access to the full 900mbps. On the other hand, my PC wont go past 60mbps download and 2mbps upload, which is abismal. Ive tried fioddling with network adapter properties, tried a new ethernet cable, i disabled something in cmd but after that didnt work, i re enabled it. The weird part is that when i connect via wifi im getting speeds upwards of 400mbps, but to be fair i am far away from my router so im not surprised im not getting the full bandwidth via wifi. I have a cable which runs directly from the back of my router, into my room, and into a switch, which is currently what is only giving me the 60mbps down and 2mbps up. Im just a bit lost and was wondering if anybody could help?

Thank you to anybody who can help

PC Spec :-

Amd Ryzen 3700x

16gb 3400mhz Ram

RTX 3070

MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi

Please share brand and model of the modem.
And the make/model of the switch.
Just so we can make sure they are both gigabit capable.

Also you said you tried another cable, same results im guessin?
Are you sure the cables are proper (at least Cat5E) cables that can handle gigabit speeds.

Also how are you testing the speed?
I would advise speedtest.net just for ease of use.
But thats only usefull if your storage is fast enough. (as that can and will be a bottleneck for down/upload speeds.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Check installed software, make sure there isn't anything around QoS, bandwidth management, etc. that you have installed. Various motherboard vendors offer programs that people install and set and forget so when they sign up for a faster plan that's the thing rate limiting them.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: