I can't launch MSI Center Pro on my MSI Modern 14 B5M does anyone knows the solution? (THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED)

Go to solution Solved by sh1re_,

there seems to be a bug in the newest update for MSI Center Pro, I contacted MSI live chat support and they gave me the link for the previous version of MSI Center Pro with the instruction on how to install it.

I can't launch MSI Center Pro on my MSI Modern 14 B5M, my OS is Windows 11 Home.

I use my MSI Center Pro every day to change my fan settings it worked yesterday, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but still no change, I've also tried disabling Windows security firewalls, uninstalling Kaspersky Antivirus, and run it as admin.

I tried to look in other forums I've only found one on the official MSI forum the suggestion involved doing something with the regedit so I chose not do do it

Please if someone knows how to solve my please tell me, I can't change my fan settings and charging limit now.

I dont have a direct answer, but best chance is to tell us what (you) changed when this happened.
(As in what did you do in between it working and not working 😉)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

7 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I dont have a direct answer, but best chance is to tell us what (you) changed when this happened.
(As in what did you do in between it working and not working 😉)

If I remember correctly it's still working this morning (it's nighttime in my timezone now) I usually didn't pay much attention to that program as it usually just runs on startup. if I remember tonight I've only used my laptop for gaming and browsing, this morning also the same. there's something tho I suspended the updates for it but usually, it's always stayed fine just today it's having a problem

2 hours ago, sh1re_ said:

I can't launch MSI Center Pro on my MSI Modern 14 B5M, my OS is Windows 11 Home.

I use my MSI Center Pro every day to change my fan settings it worked yesterday, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but still no change, I've also tried disabling Windows security firewalls, uninstalling Kaspersky Antivirus, and run it as admin.

I tried to look in other forums I've only found one on the official MSI forum the suggestion involved doing something with the regedit so I chose not do do it

Please if someone knows how to solve my please tell me, I can't change my fan settings and charging limit now.

I'm having the same issue. I think it happened because i updated MSI Center Pro to version 2.1.28.0 (released: June 5, 2023) which has a bug, you can see your MSI Center Pro version on Microsoft Store. 

I've done various ways to solve it including reinstalling MSI Center Pro and the same issue. I have already reported to MSI about this, if you would like to report this issue as well, you can visit this website 
https://account.msi.com/services/tickets, a temporary solution we wait for the MSI Center Pro update in the latest version.

12 minutes ago, Fasa12 said:

I'm having the same issue. I think it happened because i updated MSI Center Pro to version 2.1.28.0 (released: June 5, 2023) which has a bug, you can see your MSI Center Pro version on Microsoft Store. 

I've done various ways to solve it including reinstalling MSI Center Pro and the same issue. I have already reported to MSI about this, if you would like to report this issue as well, you can visit this website 
https://account.msi.com/services/tickets, a temporary solution we wait for the MSI Center Pro update in the latest version.

Finally I am not alone to experience this thing. Is it possibly bug? I hope the next update could fix this annoying moment, cause I am setting battery charge max at 60% level capacity. Dang!

10 minutes ago, sikamari said:

Finally I am not alone to experience this thing. Is it possibly bug? I hope the next update could fix this annoying moment, cause I am setting battery charge max at 60% level capacity. Dang!

yeah me too, also bcs I'm using my laptop for some gaming I always put it on cooler boost but you know this is a laptop the whole point is that it's portable, so I hope they fixed this

I'm reporting this for sure

I'm facing the same issue as well! MSI Center Pro just won't launch when I click on it

there seems to be a bug in the newest update for MSI Center Pro, I contacted MSI live chat support and they gave me the link for the previous version of MSI Center Pro with the instruction on how to install it.

Can you send the link of the previous Version, since i have The same probelm like you

11 hours ago, sh1re_ said:

Could you please share the link? It helps me so much.

On 6/8/2023 at 4:31 AM, sh1re_ said:

Can you share the link? I restared my computer because of this problem. :(

5 hours ago, raegeenace said:

Can you share the link? I restared my computer because of this problem. 😞

You could ask this problem to MSI Support Live Chat

8 hours ago, sikamari said:

Hi, after various live chats, it worked! For anyone who is having this bug, go to the MSI Support Live Chat and request for an older version of the MSI Center Pro (MSI Center Pro 2.1.25.0).

Can you share the link? I restared my computer because of this problem. 😞

On 6/10/2023 at 8:24 AM, sikamari said:

22 hours ago, raegeenace said:

Hi, after various live chats, it worked! For anyone who is having this bug, go to the MSI Support Live Chat and request for an older version of the MSI Center Pro (MSI Center Pro 2.1.25.0).

On 6/8/2023 at 5:31 AM, sh1re_ said:

This is a help forum.
Helping is giving the direct link, or telling us why you cannot share.

Please share the link. 🙂

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!