PC Frozen and After Forced Restart Black Screen.

Go to solution Solved by rcgnetworks,
On 6/6/2023 at 4:10 AM, suchamoneypit said:

If you aren't getting to BIOS then the system either isn't posting (getting to BIOS) or your iGPU isn't working. Simply disabling a network card should have no bearing on whether the system boots to windows or not. You'd just not have an internet connection. 

Do you have another display cable to try? Do you have another display port on your motherboard to try? Do you have a dedicated GPU to try and see if you're getting display output? Do you have another monitor to try?

if none of the above works and you already tested PSU, really the only things between you and the BIOS/windows is a faulty CPU or motherboard which is hard to diagnose without spare parts. 

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not replying sooner. I bought this pc to a repair shop and they diagnosed motherboard is faulty. Then they replaced motherboard with a new one. 

Pc suddenly frozen after disabling and enabling network adapter. Then I forced shutdown pc by keep pressing power button for few seconds. Then i tried to turn on the  pc but no display. CPU fan is working.

Tried these so far.

1. Removed the cmos battery 

2.Removed Rams

3.Removed all the other connected peripherals.

4.Checked power supply on another pc and it’s working.

Motherboard MSI H81-E33

Processor - i5 4460

Ram - 16GB

Power Supply - Corsair 750W 

What could be the issue here? Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks

It looks like JBAT1 is your Clear CMOS pins. Did you short these two using something like a screwdriver or paperclip? This should reset your bios to default and you should hopefully at least get to your BIOS. 

image.png.d8635d4013bd0d0247bfac2208b68ad3.png

I always started with only shorting JBAT1, and then if I was desperate, both shorting JBAT1 and removing the battery. 

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

27 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

It looks like JBAT1 is your Clear CMOS pins. Did you short these two using something like a screwdriver or paperclip? This should reset your bios to default and you should hopefully at least get to your BIOS. 

image.png.d8635d4013bd0d0247bfac2208b68ad3.png

I always started with only shorting JBAT1, and then if I was desperate, both shorting JBAT1 and removing the battery. 

I removed the cmos battery but didn’t short those two pins. After you mentioned it, I did. But the problem remains the same.

5 hours ago, rcgnetworks said:

I removed the cmos battery but didn’t short those two pins. After you mentioned it, I did. But the problem remains the same.

If you aren't getting to BIOS then the system either isn't posting (getting to BIOS) or your iGPU isn't working. Simply disabling a network card should have no bearing on whether the system boots to windows or not. You'd just not have an internet connection. 

Do you have another display cable to try? Do you have another display port on your motherboard to try? Do you have a dedicated GPU to try and see if you're getting display output? Do you have another monitor to try?

if none of the above works and you already tested PSU, really the only things between you and the BIOS/windows is a faulty CPU or motherboard which is hard to diagnose without spare parts. 

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

On 6/6/2023 at 4:10 AM, suchamoneypit said:

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not replying sooner. I bought this pc to a repair shop and they diagnosed motherboard is faulty. Then they replaced motherboard with a new one.