my first build, is it optimum?

This PC will be for gaming only, I have a laptop for other stuff. As this is my first build I wanted to keep it as simple as possible and my lack of computer know-how makes me wary of overclocking. I've put this build together over the last few days and will build it next month; so I have plenty of time to make sure I have the best possible performance for my budget (which is not quite maxed).

• Motherboard - MSI H81M-E34 - Socket 1150 - Micro-ATX (53 euro)
  • Intel Core i5-4570 - 3.2GHz - Socket 1150 (175 euro)
  • GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming - 2GB – PCI-E (280 euro)
  • Ram - Crucial 8GB - PC3-12800 – DIMM (65 euro)
  • SSD - Samsung 840 Evo Series 120GB (80 euro)
  • HDD -Western Digital Black 1TB (75 euro)
  • Power Source - Cooler Master Thunder B700 - 700 Watt (68 euro)
  • 2 Arctic F12 PWM 4 Pin 120mm and 8 rubber fan mounts (13 euro)
  • 2 sata cables and cable ties (10 euro)
  • Total = 819 euro

These are the prices from where I will be getting the parts.

I just want to make sure I'm not forgetting something, or not availing of a much better option at a similar price.

I already have a case, in the form of the old familly computer case, which I'm pretty sure should fit the gpu. I'm planning on using a cracked version of windows 8 installed via usb, or is this a terrible idea and should I buy the licence? I'm only going to be using windows to access steam, so I'm happy to use a cracked version.

I'm really excited about this build, it's gonna be a massive step up from my xbox360. Back to CS 1.6 BOOM! ( and modern games :

P)

This PC will be for gaming only, I have a laptop for other stuff. As this is my first build I wanted to keep it as simple as possible and my lack of computer know-how makes me wary of overclocking. I've put this build together over the last few days and will build it next month; so I have plenty of time to make sure I have the best possible performance for my budget (which is not quite maxed).

• Motherboard - MSI H81M-E34 - Socket 1150 - Micro-ATX (53 euro)
  • Intel Core i5-4570 - 3.2GHz - Socket 1150 (175 euro)
  • GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming - 2GB – PCI-E (280 euro)
  • Ram - Crucial 8GB - PC3-12800 – DIMM (65 euro)
  • SSD - Samsung 840 Evo Series 120GB (80 euro)
  • HDD -Western Digital Black 1TB (75 euro)
  • Power Source - Cooler Master Thunder B700 - 700 Watt (68 euro)
  • 2 Arctic F12 PWM 4 Pin 120mm and 8 rubber fan mounts (13 euro)
  • 2 sata cables and cable ties (10 euro)
  • Total = 819 euro

These are the prices from where I will be getting the parts.

I just want to make sure I'm not forgetting something, or not availing of a much better option at a similar price.

I already have a case, in the form of the old familly computer case, which I'm pretty sure should fit the gpu. I'm planning on using a cracked version of windows 8 installed via usb, or is this a terrible idea and should I buy the licence? I'm only going to be using windows to access steam, so I'm happy to use a cracked version.

I'm really excited about this build, it's gonna be a massive step up from my xbox360. Back to CS 1.6 BOOM! ( and modern games :

P)

If you're planning to use SLi in the future, or overclocking the CPU, that 700W power supply isn't necessary. 500 Watts would be more than enough.

Don't pirate Windows! You're asking for more trouble than what its worth. If you want a free OS, Use Linux. There are many Linux distros that are alot like windows and can play windows games using "Linux Wine". Otherwise, buy an OEM copy of Windows.

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

Looks like a great build, but spend the remainder of your budget on a legit copy of windows 7 or 8.  Linux could also work.  Just out of curiosity, what case are you using?  

If you're planning to use SLi in the future, or overclocking the CPU, that 700W power supply isn't necessary. 500 Watts would be more than enough.

Don't pirate Windows! You're asking for more trouble than what its worth. If you want a free OS, Use Linux. There are many Linux distros that are alot like windows and can play windows games using "Linux Wine". Otherwise, buy an OEM copy of Windows.

Pirating the windows is okay. I'm using pirated Windows already for 4 years, with all it's updates & still works good.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I have no idea what case it is. It's from a windows vista era computer. Mid tower though, so space should not be an issue.

Linux it is then, thanks.

Don't use Linux. It sucks for gaming & in general as an OS.

Just google "windows 7 torrent tpb" & you're good to go ;)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Don't use Linux. It sucks for gaming & in general as an OS.

Just google "windows 7 torrent tpb" & you're good to go ;)

And will you pay for his PC if it gets a virus? Or bail him out if he gets busted?

You may have been lucky with your pirated copy, but not everyone is as lucky. Which is why I told him "its more trouble than what its worth."

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

And will you pay for his PC if it gets a virus? Or bail him out if he gets busted?

You may have been lucky with your pirated copy, but not everyone is as lucky. Which is why I told him "its more trouble than what its worth."

Every version of Windows can get a virus, doesn't matter if it's legit or pirated.

Second why he can get busted? Piracy is not theft, and not really bad either. Pirating does not remove anything from the original owner. If I steal something, I physically remove something from the owner, such as money or any other physical object (for example a figure, a laptop or a keyboard). When someone pirates something, the person makes an identical copy of the file, while leaving the original intact. "If you steal a car, the original is lost. If you copy a game, there are simply more of them in the world".

And that sums it up pretty well. So no, pirating and stealing are two different things.

Why would I get a virus, I'll download it onto this computer (protected by avast) scan it for viruses, move it to a usb and then install it on my new rig when it's built. easy.

Will I definitely not need a 700W powersupply? the minimum system requirements for the gpu say 600W and I read you're supposed to add a little more for safety, hence, 700 watt. would 500 really be enough?

you really have no idea lmao.

Will I definitely not need a 700W powersupply? the minimum system requirements for the gpu say 600W and I read you're supposed to add a little more for safety, hence, 700 watt. would 500 really be enough?

a good quality 500w would be enough i have a 650w look at my build.

Every version of Windows can get a virus, doesn't matter if it's legit or pirated.

Second why he can get busted? Piracy is not theft, and not really bad either. Pirating does not remove anything from the original owner. If I steal something, I physically remove something from the owner, such as money or any other physical object (for example a figure, a laptop or a keyboard). When someone pirates something, the person makes an identical copy of the file, while leaving the original intact. "If you steal a car, the original is lost. If you copy a game, there are simply more of them in the world".

And that sums it up pretty well. So no, pirating and stealing are two different things.

You're missing the point, if he torrents Windows, he's risks getting a virus instead of windows. Secondly, pirating is stealing. Its called copyright infringement and it is very illegal. I remember back in the day when several people were caught pirating music and had to pay $1000 per song, with some of them downloading at least a hundred songs. Its not worth it to me.

Linus doesn't recommend it, and neither do I.

You're missing the point, if he torrents Windows, he's risks getting a virus instead of windows. Secondly, pirating is stealing. Its called copyright infringement and it is very illegal. I remember back in the day when several people were caught pirating music and had to pay $1000 per song, with some of them downloading at least a hundred songs. Its not worth it to me.

all of my 63GB mp3 songs are pirated, downloaded from torrents & p2p softwares like soulseek & that software is legal. With the amounts of my music I should be in life sentence jail if we judge like you say :D

Haha my major concern with a cracked version of windows is if it would work properly (it seems it will). I only asked to confirm that the software works, I don't care about the morality of the choice. Why should you pay for a service that sould be free anyway.

Sometimes cracked versions of things don't work properly ex. in batman arkham asylum, the grapple hook was glitched making the game unplayable and certain emulators are just lies like those ps3 emulators that pop up now and then.

Now that I know that the cracked version of windows works, I will definitely be downloading it.

Haha my major concern with a cracked version of windows is if it would work properly (it seems it will). I only asked to confirm that the software works, I don't care about the morality of the choice. Why should you pay for a service that sould be free anyway.

Sometimes cracked versions of things don't work properly ex. in batman arkham asylum, the grapple hook was glitched making the game unplayable and certain emulators are just lies like those ps3 emulators that pop up now and then.

Now that I know that the cracked version of windows works, I will definitely be downloading it.

Exactly :)