Xbox Wireless Controller not Working on PC

Snakehide

I've been using my Xbox Wireless controller on PC for a while now (the newer version with the capture button) and all of a sudden it will not work when I connect it via bluetooth or USB. Worked the night before. Checked for drivers in device manager and there were none; updated the controller in the Xbox Accessories app but it still does not work. Left stick and A-button work in settings for some reason, but games can't be played with it and it won't do anything else except turn on. My Switch Pro controller works fine, I tried it for comparison and that would imply it's not an issue with my computer. Suggestions? Solutions? Thanks.

did copy and paste this from my original post in Console Gaming, but I figured Troubleshooting would be a better place to post, please let me know if that's considered spam, haha.

1 minute ago, Snakehide said:

I've been using my Xbox Wireless controller on PC for a while now (the newer version with the capture button) and all of a sudden it will not work when I connect it via bluetooth or USB. Worked the night before. Checked for drivers in device manager and there were none; updated the controller in the Xbox Accessories app but it still does not work. Left stick and A-button work in settings for some reason, but games can't be played with it and it won't do anything else except turn on. My Switch Pro controller works fine, I tried it for comparison and that would imply it's not an issue with my computer. Suggestions? Solutions? Thanks.

did copy and paste this from my original post in Console Gaming, but I figured Troubleshooting would be a better place to post, please let me know if that's considered spam, haha.

as far as I know the board in the xbox is screwed

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

Just now, Bob__ said:

as far as I know the board in the xbox is screwed

I'm still not sure about that answer; if the board is screwed I would expect it to not connect or work at all, but the controller is still "working" with specific apps. 

Thanks for replying again, lol

1 minute ago, Snakehide said:

I'm still not sure about that answer; if the board is screwed I would expect it to not connect or work at all, but the controller is still "working" with specific apps. 

Thanks for replying again, lol

could be a daughter board that makes the thing not work but unless u wanna break out the soldering iron and screwdriver u are screwed 

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced