I'm back, what'd I miss?

Mike Soda

After nearly being homeless a few times but for most part living in places with only wifi & no wired connection. I was finally able to get my PC back online yesterday. Hopefully it's now very outdated specs are still in my signature. So, is there any way I can get caught up on 2+ years of tech in about an hour or less?

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

48 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

After nearly being homeless a few times but for most part living in places with only wifi & no wired connection. I was finally able to get my PC back online yesterday. Hopefully it's now very outdated specs are still in my signature. So, is there any way I can get caught up on 2+ years of tech in about an hour or less?

Welcome back.

Ehhh well, you don't miss much I think.
Burning GPU connector

Burning CPU

Nvidia still expensive

Intel still mucking around with their discrete GPU

Apple still being apple

AI hype becoming more and more rampant

Same old shit

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

13 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Your old gaming system will probably start showing some age but its still a decent 1080p machine for sure!  Happy to have you back, hope everything keeps going well for you 🙂 

27 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Your old gaming system will probably start showing some age but its still a decent 1080p machine for sure!  Happy to have you back, hope everything keeps going well for you 🙂 

My only complaints for that system would be that its the 3gb 1060, not 6gb (minorish issue) and no larger HDD/SSD (more major issue) listed. Otherwise its good imo

35 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Yeah for the most part I'll just be browsing & playing older games for now anyway & my current monitor is only 900p lol.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

7 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

My only complaints for that system would be that its the 3gb 1060, not 6gb (minorish issue) and no larger HDD/SSD (more major issue) listed. Otherwise its good imo

I know, if I ever found a good deal on a used 6gb 1060 or even 2060 & they could somehow prove it was never used for mining I'd upgrade sooner. Storage will happen too, just slap a 1tb ssd of the same kind I have, keep existing as boot & make it a game drive. I need to update my motheeboards BIOS. It was never done because for the first few years I built this PC they were all terrible, refusing to OC. I'm hoping now whatever final version is out might be decent, gotta do some research when I've got time.

40 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Yeah for the most part I'll just be browsing & playing older games for now anyway & my current monitor is only 900p lol.

Don't worry, know that i played Final Fantasy 15, Nier Automata, & Rise of the Tomb Raider on a i7-870, GTX 660, 8GB RAM, and a 5400RPM HDD.

Compared to those, your system is like it was made by the gods.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Oh yeah gaming is a total shit show, if you thought at any point bad ports and unfinished games were released well recently the AAA industry upped that to insane levels where they put out absolute garbage for $70+.

LTT wise; Linus is stepping down as CEO:

Anthony has announced they are trans and is now known as Emily:

Most of the other things I think people already mentioned. Welcome back!

7 hours ago, Seccedonien said:

Oh yeah gaming is a total shit show, if you thought at any point bad ports and unfinished games were released well recently the AAA industry upped that to insane levels where they put out absolute garbage for $70+.

LTT wise; Linus is stepping down as CEO:

Anthony has announced they are trans and is now known as Emily:

Most of the other things I think people already mentioned. Welcome back!

Just to piggyback off this comment since two years is a long time:

- LTTStore finally released their long-teased Backpack and Screwdriver

- "Trust Me Bro" warranty controversy
- Brandon Y Lee left LTT
- Dennis now works on making skits for sponsor spots
- Taran left LTT
- Adblocking is Piracy

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

umm

40 series is shit

amd is kinda on top for gaming in cpu and gpus

everything is expensive as fuck (apart from ssds)

8 gigs of vram is no longer enough in the mid range

glad ur back on ur feet