usb crashed, now my external hard drive doesnt show up.. Thinks its the usb?

MultiGamerClub

Was making an iso for the usb 16gb, that crashed.. because my external hard drive crashed / disconnected transferring backups to said external hard drive..

Said external hard drive now identifies as a ESD-USB and not an external hard drive..

I dont know how to access all my old family albums or data ive backed up for the last 8 years, im not sure their all gone but.. I really hope their not.

Is there a way to undo this fuckup of mine?

The external hard drive was transferring old video files that was about 60gb when it couldnt take it, its only 4tb in size and needs to be replaced asap i see.

Its got so much shit that i need to get out but i have no idea how to fix this issue, help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated v_v

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

damn.thumb.PNG.e0e110439915b1d112888859555de66a.PNG

T_T

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

That sounds like you accidentally put the ISO file on your external HDD. That usually formats your whole hard drive and then overwrites it with the ISO. So whatever it overwrote is sadly gone. For the rest, you might still be in luck.

There are countless programs that offer to restore your deleted files, but most of them cost something. The only free program, that ever worked for me was Recuva. But that was a pretty long time ago. So maybe there are better programs for this now.

The most important thing is, that you don't do anything with your harddrive, the more it gets written to, the more you will overwrite your old data. Hope you'll get your old data back :c

11 minutes ago, adm0n said:

That sounds like you accidentally put the ISO file on your external HDD. That usually formats your whole hard drive and then overwrites it with the ISO. So whatever it overwrote is sadly gone. For the rest, you might still be in luck.

There are countless programs that offer to restore your deleted files, but most of them cost something. The only free program, that ever worked for me was Recuva. But that was a pretty long time ago. So maybe there are better programs for this now.

The most important thing is, that you don't do anything with your harddrive, the more it gets written to, the more you will overwrite your old data. Hope you'll get your old data back :c

Yep.. Seems i did a big fuckup.

9 minutes ago, adm0n said:

That looks like only the partitions got deleted, which is even better for you. Here is a guide on how to handle the situation -> https://www.handyrecovery.com/partition-recovery/

Its looking like its finding all the files, but im worried seeing the "chances of success of recovery" on the middle of the status bar of documents/pictures.

Thank you.

I'm just gonna let it go through and hopefully it works ❤️

9 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

I'm just gonna let it go through and hopefully it works

I hope that too!

If everything worked out, it might be wise to think about some form of backup. Just for the peace of mind.