How to chose new car speakers?

Avocheeseado

I am looking to upgrade the speakers in a 2017 Skoda Fabia - the standard ones are pretty awful despite it being a relatively new car. They are especially lacking in bass - which I have seen better performance in from a 2009 fiesta.

They support 6.5 inch coax speakers (I will just be upgrading the front ones). 

Budget is quite low - under £200 for speakers + an amp

I am looking for speakers with good, improved bass especially, as well as decent overall sound, although a sub is out of the question

Thanks for any help 🙂

i mean.. it's a skoda.. probably just putting in "actually acceptable quality" speakers in place of what garbage they have in there will probably make notable difference.

2017 Fabia IIRC is on same platform as Polo 6R/6C and being an owner of the said Polo, I can tell you your options are kind of limited when it comes to introducing another audio channel. 

Door speakers are riveted and are a relatively minor pain in the butt to remove, you can find drop in upgrades from couple of German vendors (or you could last time I checked). Subwoofer on the other hand is a major work; you can either T off FR and FL speakers into a crossover (This may not be the proper term, I am very tired) adapter then into an AMP then to sub. Another issue is Polo chassis of that era lacks proper 12v source in trunk, so that means running thick gauge wires from  battery through the firewall all the way to trunk (it can be done but it’s just whole lot of sweating). There is also the aftermarket or retrofitting higher trim radios that support subwoofer. There was a dynaudio addon subwoofer for some VWs that you can retrofit but I don’t remember what exactly it took, but it wasn’t cheap.

IIIRC, You can retrofit MK6/MK7 audio stuff too. If you can find them for cheap they are not bad.

THAT BEING SAID, (4 door speakers, 2 tweeters up front) speakers in my Polo are really good considering I have the poverty spec model. Maybe you need to tweak the settings?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

20 hours ago, Levent said:

2017 Fabia IIRC is on same platform as Polo 6R/6C and being an owner of the said Polo, I can tell you your options are kind of limited when it comes to introducing another audio channel. 

Door speakers are riveted and are a relatively minor pain in the butt to remove, you can find drop in upgrades from couple of German vendors (or you could last time I checked). Subwoofer on the other hand is a major work; you can either T off FR and FL speakers into a crossover (This may not be the proper term, I am very tired) adapter then into an AMP then to sub. Another issue is Polo chassis of that era lacks proper 12v source in trunk, so that means running thick gauge wires from  battery through the firewall all the way to trunk (it can be done but it’s just whole lot of sweating). There is also the aftermarket or retrofitting higher trim radios that support subwoofer. There was a dynaudio addon subwoofer for some VWs that you can retrofit but I don’t remember what exactly it took, but it wasn’t cheap.

IIIRC, You can retrofit MK6/MK7 audio stuff too. If you can find them for cheap they are not bad.

THAT BEING SAID, (4 door speakers, 2 tweeters up front) speakers in my Polo are really good considering I have the poverty spec model. Maybe you need to tweak the settings?

Is there any ones you would recommend? I would ideally like to not have to install an amp, but it looks like I might have to