The smartphone as a night vision device

kacper6768

Would it be possible to make such a frame myself

sshot-111111111111111111111111.png

put a smartphone on my face?
Are there any applications that at night the camera from the smartphone showed on the smartphone screen what the night vision device does in real time?
I'm using the phone
Kruger&Matz MOVE 3 KM0425.1
Model Number: MOVE3
Processor information: Qualcomm MSM8212
Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.4.0
android@android#1
Fri Nov 20 03:28:52 CST 2015
Build number: KM_MOVE3_20112015_V2.0
Why does real night vision show everything green? Why does it have to be some kind of light, such as sunlight or a light bulb, for the colors to show? Is it impossible to distinguish colors in the dark? Are nocturnal animals that can see at night distinguish colors?
I can't sleep at night, so I walk outside at night, but when I shine a flashlight and policemen patrol the streets, when they see the light, they immediately check if anyone is walking. If I had night vision, it would be easier for me to hide. The second reason is that during the day when I want to go outside, I am immediately chesed by the cads who beat me at school, when they sleep at night, then I only have to watch out for the police. At night all the lanterns are turned off and the streets are completely empty, so anyone who is outside is perceived as a thief regardless of age and gender, even if I only go out for a short walk. That's why I want to make a night vision device out of a smartphone so that my legs don't fall into the pavement. The city is poor and the pavement is made of bricks but in some places single bricks are missing so it is dangerous to walk without good visibility.

3 minutes ago, kacper6768 said:

Is it impossible to distinguish colors in the dark?

do you know the relation between light waves and color

5 minutes ago, kacper6768 said:

Android version: 4.4.2

the phone you appear to be using is from a decade ago so i'd assume this would make for a bad starting point for any project in general

I think you are greatly over estimating the abilities of "night vision" particularly cheap consumer grade or home made "night vision". 

Next problem I see, if police are questioning a "suspicious character" with a flashlight, what do you think they will do with a "suspicious character" lurking around in the dark, trying to hide in the shadows, because they think they have "night vision." This has so many ways it could go wrong. The police maybe the least of your worries. 

This just is an all around bad idea. 

The very unusual and somewhat dangerous reasoning for making this night vision device aside... night vision is green because the human eye is more sensitive to green wavelengths compared to other colors, and... early night vision goggles used green phosphor for the image intensifier in the design. 

Read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_intensifier

Your phone will not have night vision capabilities, most phones don't have any of the hardware for night vision in them. NVGs are niche devices, your better off getting consumer grade night vision devices or Infrared cameras. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That's just... Google Cardboard. That was a popular way to make toy-grade "VR headsets" before real entry-level headsets came down in price.

Your eyes have better low-light capabilities than your phone. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Can I see this with a smartphone?
spacer.png
Which picture is infrared the first one or the second one?
Do animals see infrared like in the first picture or like in the second picture?
Can only machines see infrared?

Unless your phone happens to have an infrared camera, it is not going to work for that purpose.