Grainy pixelation on photos and games

dubhole

Hi,

So I've just built my first pc, everything went ok apart from things seem a grainy. I notice it most with pictures and games.

My spec is:

MSI B550 A PRO

16GB Corsair vengeance ram

1tb ssd samsung

Power colour Radeon 6700 tx 

Rayzen 5 5600G

650 power supply

Windows 11 64

I've tried changing a few settings in the radeon sorteare but didn't seem to do anything also checked the disply settings in windows all seem right. I read something about a potential cause could be throttling but i don't know what that means tbh.

My friend also noticed that in task manager it shows 2 gpu's the radeon and the ryzen in the cpu. Could that be an issue my friend thought it could be?  

Thanks in advance

I'm new to all of this so anynore details you need please let me know. 

4 minutes ago, dubhole said:

Hi,

So I've just built my first pc, everything went ok apart from things seem a grainy. I notice it most with pictures and games.

My spec is:

MSI B550 A PRO

16GB Corsair vengeance ram

1tb ssd samsung

Power colour Radeon 6700 tx 

Rayzen 5 5600G

650 power supply

Windows 11 64

I've tried changing a few settings in the radeon sorteare but didn't seem to do anything also checked the disply settings in windows all seem right. I read something about a potential cause could be throttling but i don't know what that means tbh.

My friend also noticed that in task manager it shows 2 gpu's the radeon and the ryzen in the cpu. Could that be an issue my friend thought it could be?  

Thanks in advance

I'm new to all of this so anynore details you need please let me know. 

Can you post a screenshot to illustrate the issue? What monitor are you running, what cable do you use to connect to the GPU? you can disable the onboard GPU in BIOS if you want to rule that out. Usually it should not cause any issues displaying images, just may confuse some games by running the wrong GPU and thus hitting FPS hard.

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Can you post a screenshot to illustrate the issue? What monitor are you running, what cable do you use to connect to the GPU? you can disable the onboard GPU in BIOS if you want to rule that out. Usually it should not cause any issues displaying images, just may confuse some games by running the wrong GPU and thus hitting FPS hard.

Its hard to get a picture of it, it doesn't really show in photos. I'll have a go though. 

Monitor is, MSI G243CV.

Yeah i wasn't sure about the second gpu, just my friends theory. 

Do you mean internal or external cable. External is hdmi, tried to different cables now and both the same. 

Also what do you mean with grainy?
I think this of being the tiny dots that appear on film. (kinda like cropped picture below.)

Screenshot_594.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, dubhole said:

Its hard to get a picture of it, it doesn't really show in photos. I'll have a go though. 

Monitor is, MSI G243CV.

Yeah i wasn't sure about the second gpu, just my friends theory. 

Do you mean internal or external cable. External is hdmi, tried to different cables now and both the same. 

A bad cable can cause issues. You can try to connect with Displayport as well. Does it happen in games or all the time. If it's blurry text etc. it might just be a setting like overdrive on your monitor. If it shows up use the clipping tool in windows to make a screenshot.

6 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Also what do you mean with grainy?
I think this of being the tiny dots that appear on film. (kinda like cropped picture below.)

Screenshot_594.png

It's not the best but the edges of things are jagged and theres little definition. The original photo definitely wasn't like that. Apologies for the picture. 20230522_182720.thumb.jpg.ee7c0678eccb90b19526cac75adef1b4.jpg

16 hours ago, dubhole said:

It's not the best but the edges of things are jagged and theres little definition. The original photo definitely wasn't like that. Apologies for the picture. 20230522_182720.thumb.jpg.ee7c0678eccb90b19526cac75adef1b4.jpg

You have set the resolution to the correct one i guess?

Also the picture has some weird ugly compression artefacts, or is that the monitor?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!