VRAM Issue

Okay so long story short, after starting a "bigger" game my graphics card(RTX 3070 Founders Edition) was making a weird coil whinish sound (it wasn't coil whine, trust me) and so after weeks of trying to diagnose the problem we found out that it's something to do with the VRAM. I tried a lot of benchmarks and the one which diagnose VRAM only showed a lot of ERRORS about the VRAM but nothing else. I before knowing the problem I tried driver updates, troubleshootings and so on but nothing helped and I knew it's something to do with the hardware.

Since I can't really do anything and there aren't any services nearby that would fix it I'm just curious how can I check which VRAM might be the faulty one? Isn't there any program that might help finding the faulty one?

4 minutes ago, horsza said:

Okay so long story short, after starting a "bigger" game my graphics card(RTX 3070 Founders Edition) was making a weird coil whinish sound (it wasn't coil whine, trust me) and so after weeks of trying to diagnose the problem we found out that it's something to do with the VRAM. I tried a lot of benchmarks and the one which diagnose VRAM only showed a lot of ERRORS about the VRAM but nothing else. I before knowing the problem I tried driver updates, troubleshootings and so on but nothing helped and I knew it's something to do with the hardware.

Since I can't really do anything and there aren't any services nearby that would fix it I'm just curious how can I check which VRAM might be the faulty one? Isn't there any program that might help finding the faulty one?

Do you still have a warranty?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

2 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

Do you still have a warranty?

Sadly I don't.

2 minutes ago, horsza said:

Sadly I don't.

Was there any weird behavior before the bigger game with your graphics card?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

1 minute ago, FI Fheonix said:

Was there any weird behavior before the bigger game with your graphics card?

Not at all, everything was working just fine when suddenly the game crashed. And everything since then were crashing and the gpu started making sound. Game menus work fine, games are crashing only when they load into the game.

9 minutes ago, horsza said:

Sadly I don't.

If it's out of warranty there isn't much you can do. With hardware failure on GPUs all you can really do is replace it. Repair isn't really an option, there isn't a lot of services out there for them and it if you do find a private party one it typically costs as much or more to have it repaired over buying a new one. You can get 3070s and 3080s, hell even 3090s in really good condition on Ebay these days for very reasonable prices.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If it's out of warranty there isn't much you can do. With hardware failure on GPUs all you can really do is replace it. Repair isn't really an option, there isn't a lot of services out there for them and it if you do find a private party one it typically costs as much or more to have it repaired over buying a new one. You can get 3070s and 3080s, hell even 3090s in really good condition on Ebay these days for very reasonable prices.

Yeah I thought so. But still wanted to give it a second chance since I don't really want to buy another one at the moment. Thank you for your suggestions tho.