The Sonys are apparently not very comfortable

Indian pc builder
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
2 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

but if the sony's are uncomfortable, the best alternative you recommend are the bose qc 45's?

its an alternative. if they have the sonys they may have the bose for you to try out as well.

Ok, so I have been looking at reviews of the sony WH100XM5 because a previous thread made be me on this forum concluded that the Sony wh 1000xm5 were my best options compared to the sennheiser and Bose options, but I have found out that the Sony headphones are not really that comfortable, especially for people with large heads and even larger ears, so the main questions I want to ask now are that 

1. Can I get better earfuls for the Sony xm5 which may help with its comfort?

2. What is the best alternative that provides more comfort and has the least amount of compromises on the noise cancelling and other features?

price isn’t a consideration anymore due the additional budget that has now been freed up for this venture due to certain circumstances and unnamed people 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

Bose QC45

While Bose don't have the best sound. In terms of comfort they are pretty great they are also just as good as Sony or apple when it comes to ANC. 

6 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

Ok, so I have been looking at reviews of the sony WH100XM5 because a previous thread made be me on this forum concluded that the Sony wh 1000xm5 were my best options compared to the sennheiser and Bose options, but I have found out that the Sony headphones are not really that comfortable, especially for people with large heads and even larger ears, so the main questions I want to ask now are that 

1. Can I get better earfuls for the Sony xm5 which may help with its comfort?

2. What is the best alternative that provides more comfort and has the least amount of compromises on the noise cancelling and other features?

price isn’t a consideration anymore due the additional budget that has now been freed up for this venture due to certain circumstances and unnamed people 

Alternative title: how uncomfortable are the Sony wh 1000xm5? Can I fall asleep in them? I have a relatively large head and big ears 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

6 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

Alternative title: how uncomfortable are the Sony wh 1000xm5? Can I fall asleep in them? I have a relatively large head and big ears 

What headphones have you tried previously that are comfortable enough for you to fall asleep wearing?

9 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

Unless you sleep strictly on your back without moving your head , I doubt any over ear headphones will be comfortable.

10 hours ago, Spuriae said:

What headphones have you tried previously that are comfortable enough for you to fall asleep wearing?

8 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Unless you sleep strictly on your back without moving your head , I doubt any over ear headphones will be comfortable.

Sry I meant fall asleep on a plane with, while sitting up 

also does anyone have an idea of how uncomfortable the Sonys actually are?

1 hour ago, Indian pc builder said:

Sry I meant fall asleep on a plane with, while sitting up 

also does anyone have an idea of how uncomfortable the Sonys actually are?

Every single head is different. As too are peoples tolerance for comfort levels. It will be meaningless to get an answer. The only way is to try them yourself.

52 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Every single head is different. As too are peoples tolerance for comfort levels. It will be meaningless to get an answer. The only way is to try them yourself.

This exactly. Sony's are rather easy to find so if you can find a electronics store where you live to just put them on that's the best idea you can get see if you feel pressure or pinch points and know those get worse over time for longer wear times. Also a good opportunity to try other headphones out. 

38 minutes ago, rice guru said:

This exactly. Sony's are rather easy to find so if you can find a electronics store where you live to just put them on that's the best idea you can get see if you feel pressure or pinch points and know those get worse over time for longer wear times. Also a good opportunity to try other headphones out. 

but if the sony's are uncomfortable, the best alternative you recommend are the bose qc 45's?

No. They could equally be uncomfortable. The only way to know if they suit YOU is for YOU to try them, not what someone else with a different head shape says.

its an alternative. if they have the sonys they may have the bose for you to try out as well.