Microsoft provides response to Windows 8 criticism

TGBSeth

first REAL implementation of this strategy.

First tries very rarely work first time around, with the second or third attempt they get it

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

First tries very rarely work first time around, with the second or third attempt they get it

Its not their first try. Its just the first try while using the same OS kernel across all devices. (Correct me if im wrong)They tried Windows Mobile/XP?, that didn't work out. Windows Phone 7/Windows 7 didn't work out like they hoped. With Windows 8, they can use it on all the platforms, including Xbox Infinity, so wouldn't this technically be their third attempt?

Its not their first try. Its just the first try while using the same OS kernel across all devices. (Correct me if im wrong)They tried Windows Mobile/XP?, that didn't work out. Windows Phone 7/Windows 7 didn't work out like they hoped. With Windows 8, they can use it on all the platforms, including Xbox Infinity, so wouldn't this technically be their third attempt?

Ahh makes sense, I didn't know Windows Mobile 7 was related to Windows 7, I thought they were two different OS's

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I would say the UI is a failure since so many people are not happy with it but the bones of W8 people seem to like.  

Ahh makes sense, I didn't know Windows Mobile 7 was related to Windows 7, I thought they were two different OS's

They are very different OS's (which was the main problem), but Microsoft wanted to branch into all the platforms like Apple, but all of their previous attempts to break in failed. They probably believed that naming it after their popular OS would make people more interested in it, but because it wasn't "Windows 7" on a phone, it didn't work out as planned. With Windows 8, they took the Windows Phone 7 OS and made it a part of Windows 7, made some big tweaks and changes, and gained an OS that can truly be used on all platforms.

Cool, maybe they should have taken a leaf out of Apples book years ago and see why they were sucessful (I think).

Microsoft's marketing is inferior. Apple's marketing team could make the masses buy turd wrapped with a red ribbon if they wanted to.

Then Microsoft needs to get on their knee's and see if Apple will give them a hand.

Not sure if that would work but you never know, I can't see why two competing companies can't collaborate once in a while, they are both doing pretty damn well at the end of the day/

For me, Windows 7 will be the platform of choice until a few changes are made to Windows 8.  Windows 8, to me, just doesn't have the usability or visual appeal.  The three major changes needed for me to consider Windows 8 are as follows:

1. Metro just doesn't beat out the classis start menu, to me I open a lot of programs in a day and like the start menu in that it shows recent files opened and subtle mouse movements can open recent applications.  Compared to Windows 8 UI, to my knowledge doesn't have a quick way to open an recently opened file (please tell me if I wrong here), as well I have to move the mouse a considerable amount more & having programs use very similar icons the text is no where bit enough to easily glance at and read (so it takes more time finding the program).
  2. Aero glass, I know just like the start menu there are programs that will add this, but to me I want it to work out of the box (while squared corners is handy, I visually I prefer the rounded corners)
  3. O.k. this last point is about the shutdown/sleep in the start menu.  On windows 7, I can sleep my computer in a few seconds and I can turn off my computer in less than a second (I disable the power button sleep because it gets hit too often).  The reason I can do so is I naturally keep my mouse near the bottom left corner of the screen, all I do is hit the windows key with my left hand while with my right hand twitch the mouse over shutdown/sleep.  To me Windows 8 just doesn't handle sleep and shutdown very well....and yes I use sleep enough times during a day for it to be an annoyance.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

I too like Aero Glass, mostly for the transparency feature. At first I thought it was annoying, but after a while, I got use to being able to see whats behind a window. Loosing that is quite noticeable.

"Windows 8 is a good product, and it’s getting better every day."

Says Frank X. in his recent response to all the critisim about Windows 8. He says that living in a mostly connected world is great, and that the OS adds to the pleasure of being connected.

Read the full story here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2013/05/10/staying-centered.aspx

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Getting better, I can see windows 8 being even more successful in the future!

i dislike Windows 8 if they could give me the performance and security benefits of Windows 8 and keep everything the same as Windows 7 I would upgrade.

thier are a few programs you can downlaod to make windows 8 the awsomeness of windows 7 like "start is back"

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

thier are a few programs you can downlaod to make windows 8 the awsomeness of windows 7 like "start is back"

Yeah and this is why I generally recommend Windows 8 to my friends that that are still on W7.

As of not wantinG to switch to W8, you should consider it, it's faster, and seriously, the start menu can totally be ignored, well, this is what I do at least.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

im still on windows 7 but i think one of my 2 spare rigs im gonna put windows 8 on to try it out

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Any of you that are using windows 8 and want it to operate like windows 7 go to the video and follow the  instructions. The download link is below the  video  for x86 & x64 bit versions of windows 8.

this program will return your windows 8 to windows 7 and disables ALL metro applications . This program does require a windows 7 disk for installation.

here is the video : 

download linkhttp://tihiy.net/files/ex7forW8_1.0.zip

this works for both x 86 and x 64 bit versions

I'm sure going to enjoy this. You can also visit my blog at: http://justaboutwindows.blogspot.com/ to find out all the kool things you can do with windows 8.

I'm posting a couple screen shots..excuse the confusion but I am running 2 monitors..thanks

post-19966-0-24413300-1368472195_thumb.p

post-19966-0-06112600-1368472242_thumb.p

Are they in a few years, at this rate?

I think they will come with new products that will sell before they will be death they can make a lot of money from a lot of stuff so