Advice for first time SSF Build

Go to solution Solved by PC HEROES,
1 hour ago, chilli-macaw said:

Budget (including currency): 1500€(or 1500$) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: allrounder not just games.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I want to Build a SSF PC but i want it to be kind of quiet and that seems to not be easy.

I don't know why would you want a SSF PC but then that PC be super loud ... .

I have looked at a couple of cases for example The Ridge vom Fractal.

But a common problem seems to be no support for AIO and GPU so i was wondering what CPU to max out at to have quit-ish air cooling or a some good case recommendations.

I'm fine if the GPU ends up in the Midrange (6700xt or future 7600xt or  4060ti etc) or the PC ends up cheaper.

Hello, You can have a small PC Case that's not an ITX Case. The Case I have picked is the ASUS AP201. It's just a tad bit bigger than a ITX Case. It is a Full Mesh Case and I have added 2 Fan Packs of Be Quiet! Fans so that they are Silent and help move Air around the Case. 2 Fans for the top of the Case, 2 for the bottom, and 1 for the rear of the Case for a total of 6 fans. Also the CPU Cooler is also Be Quiet! so that is Silent too. If your lucky you just might only hear a whisper of air moving.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/sm7T8r

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€174.73 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler  (€67.67 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS WIFI II Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€164.12 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€134.79 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€54.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€139.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  (€329.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Asus Prime AP201 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€143.03 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€159.71 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case Fan: be quiet! Light Wings PWM 41.51 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (€62.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case Fan: be quiet! Light Wings PWM 41.51 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  (€62.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1494.64

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: allrounder not just games.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I want to Build a SSF PC but i want it to be kind of quiet and that seems to not be easy.

But a common problem seems to be no support for AIO and GPU so i was wondering what CPU to max out at to have quit-ish air cooling or a some good case recommendations.

I'm fine if the GPU ends up in the Midrange (6700xt or future 7600xt or  4060ti etc) or the PC ends up cheaper.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

Motherboard: ASRock B550M-ITX/ac

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe SSD

Power Supply: Corsair SF600 Platinum SFX Power Supply

Case: Louqe Ghost S1

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition

Total cost: Approximately €1500 or $1500

The Louqe Ghost S1 is a popular choice for a quiet and compact PC case. It has good ventilation and can fit a full-sized graphics card. The Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition is a high-quality CPU cooler that is specifically designed for the Ghost S1 case, which should help keep the system quiet while providing sufficient cooling performance.

The AMD Ryzen 7 5700G is a good choice for an all-around CPU that provides strong performance in both gaming and productivity tasks, while also consuming less power and generating less heat compared to higher-end CPUs. The Corsair SF600 Platinum SFX Power Supply is an efficient and reliable power supply that should provide enough power for this system.

The Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD is a fast and reliable storage option that should provide quick boot and load times for your programs and games. Finally, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT should provide strong gaming performance for the price while remaining power efficient and relatively quiet.

"Sometimes, the people who are thousands of miles away from you can make you feel better than people right beside you."

1 hour ago, chilli-macaw said:

Hello, You can have a small PC Case that's not an ITX Case. The Case I have picked is the ASUS AP201. It's just a tad bit bigger than a ITX Case. It is a Full Mesh Case and I have added 2 Fan Packs of Be Quiet! Fans so that they are Silent and help move Air around the Case. 2 Fans for the top of the Case, 2 for the bottom, and 1 for the rear of the Case for a total of 6 fans. Also the CPU Cooler is also Be Quiet! so that is Silent too. If your lucky you just might only hear a whisper of air moving.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/sm7T8r

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€174.73 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler  (€67.67 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS WIFI II Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€164.12 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€134.79 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€54.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€139.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  (€329.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Asus Prime AP201 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€143.03 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€159.71 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1494.64

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772