Windows not booting when I have mechanical drives plugged in.

I am having issues with windows failing to boot when I have mechanical drives plugged in ... The drives are about a year old, and at first there was no problem, then windows 11 pushed an update (not sure which one) and my system started to either hang when booting or with one of the drives missing (which one would be random/no lost data when they would connect).

This got so frustrating that I rolled back to windows 10 a few months ago & that fixed it ... Then two days ago windows installs an update and my hard drives are now broken with 10: can anyone answer me why this is happening & how I can fix it?

I have my C drive installed on a 1tb SSD, a 500gb M.2 drive for my modern games, and then I have 2x 2tb mechanical HDDs I use for low importance / high volume stuff like my GOG library, movies, and music.

I did notice that Windows is labeling the HDDs as "removable storage" despite being directly connected the SATA header.

Can you take screenshots from CrystalDiskInfo for each hard drive and post them here?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566