Need Advise

Toasted Waffles

So I'm having continual issues cooling my 5950X - My 3090ti has no issues and runs overclocked in the high 50s to 60s. My CPU however always thermally throttles when playing games. I have a belief that the extra runs in my loop are slowing down the fluid so it takes longer to get the heat away from the block. Also not sure if it has anything to do with the glass tubing but I don't think so. I do have two 54mm thick 3x120 rads top and bottom. The fluid return on the top of the res is slow flow. I added the picture of the cooling routes for you to see.

Idea : replace the run from the top of the gpu straight into the CPU instead of going from the gpu to the distro and then going back to the cpu

Water Cooling Specs

Cpu Block - EK Velocity

GPU Block - EK front and active backplate

Tubing - Glass

Res - EK Distro Plate

Pump - D5 at 100% pwm

Screenshot 2023-05-03 202536.png

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

57 minutes ago, Toasted Waffles said:

So I'm having continual issues cooling my 5950X - My 3090ti has no issues and runs overclocked in the high 50s to 60s. My CPU however always thermally throttles when playing games. I have a belief that the extra runs in my loop are slowing down the fluid so it takes longer to get the heat away from the block. Also not sure if it has anything to do with the glass tubing but I don't think so. I do have two 54mm thick 3x120 rads top and bottom. The fluid return on the top of the res is slow flow. I added the picture of the cooling routes for you to see.

Idea : replace the run from the top of the gpu straight into the CPU instead of going from the gpu to the distro and then going back to the cpu

Water Cooling Specs

Cpu Block - EK Velocity

GPU Block - EK front and active backplate

Tubing - Glass

Res - EK Distro Plate

Pump - D5 at 100% pwm

Screenshot 2023-05-03 202536.png

loop order dose not matter nor dpse flow. as long as its 1gpm thats good enough. distros do slow down the speed thow same with 90 degree fittings but that's probly not the problem.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

14 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

loop order dose not matter nor dpse flow. as long as its 1gpm thats good enough. distros do slow down the speed thow same with 90 degree fittings but that's probly not the problem.

I know I have air trapped in my top radiator but have no idea how to bleed it. I belive it's less than 1gpm it's like a trickle coming out back to the res 

Spoiler

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

8 minutes ago, Toasted Waffles said:

I know I have air trapped in my top radiator but have no idea how to bleed it. I belive it's less than 1gpm it's like a trickle coming out back to the res 

you try to move the case around?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

58 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

as long as its 1gpm thats good enough

Even flow rate no longer matter in the age of DDC and D5 pumps, itll provide enough flow either way.

Also OP what fluid is this? Is it meant to be clear or is it EK's own Mystic Fog?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Even flow rate no longer matter in the age of DDC and D5 pumps, itll provide enough flow either way.

Also OP what fluid is this? Is it meant to be clear or is it EK's own Mystic Fog?

well before the jetplate it was the rage. 7gmp was the norm... 2x d5 pumps 13v and 120mm thicc rads... but then the jetplate stopped that. you still get 1c lower for every 1gmp but its stupid to need to get more. and people were pooping fittings off... so it was for the better and temps were better anyway.

10 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

It's Mystic Fog

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well before the jetplate it was the rage. 7gmp was the norm... 2x d5 pumps 13v and 120mm thicc rads... but then the jetplate stopped that. you still get 1c lower for every 1gmp but its stupid to need to get more. and people were pooping fittings off... so it was for the better and temps were better anyway.

Here is the video of the flow rate

Spoiler

That looks scary as fuck, I would be so paranoid to do anything with the unit lol 😄

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X