Random BSOD/Crashes, now no boot.

Demonic Donut

20230423_155215.thumb.jpg.529cd5355147a9fcfc965265b590c49c.jpgX570 Aorus Elite

R5 3600

16gb 3600mhz RAM (ripjaws)

970 EVO m.2 ssds + other sata drives

Sapphire Pulse 5700xt (now XFX 6700xt)

I was having random crashes and partial BSODs. Due to what the screen looked like I thought it was a graphics card issue. (See attached picture, picture not attaching. I'll keep trying) It would also make strange 8 bit sounding static sounds through the speakers. I swapped an old GPU in and the problem went away.

I ordered a new GPU and when it arrived I installed it into the system. A few days later I got the same issue. Restart and it was fine, happened once more the next day. Didn't happen for 3 days, now today it happened again.

The rub this time is my PC won't boot/post at all now. I don't have any debug LEDs to go by, but I've got no USB power to keyboard/mouse, wifi card has LEDs lit up, and fans are at full speed. Computer powers up with button but won't turn off with long press.

I tried swapping PSUs and that didn't change anything.

Ever since I started having issues I've been running HWInfo to see if I had any high temps etc and everything looked normal.

My next guess is CPU or Motherboard. I really don't want to buy one and have it be the wrong part. Any guesses out there? Anything I could try?

13 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

20230423_155215.thumb.jpg.529cd5355147a9fcfc965265b590c49c.jpgX570 Aorus Elite

R5 3600

16gb 3600mhz RAM (ripjaws)

970 EVO m.2 ssds + other sata drives

Sapphire Pulse 5700xt (now XFX 6700xt)

I was having random crashes and partial BSODs. Due to what the screen looked like I thought it was a graphics card issue. (See attached picture, picture not attaching. I'll keep trying) It would also make strange 8 bit sounding static sounds through the speakers. I swapped an old GPU in and the problem went away.

I ordered a new GPU and when it arrived I installed it into the system. A few days later I got the same issue. Restart and it was fine, happened once more the next day. Didn't happen for 3 days, now today it happened again.

The rub this time is my PC won't boot/post at all now. I don't have any debug LEDs to go by, but I've got no USB power to keyboard/mouse, wifi card has LEDs lit up, and fans are at full speed. Computer powers up with button but won't turn off with long press.

I tried swapping PSUs and that didn't change anything.

Ever since I started having issues I've been running HWInfo to see if I had any high temps etc and everything looked normal.

My next guess is CPU or Motherboard. I really don't want to buy one and have it be the wrong part. Any guesses out there? Anything I could try?

try reseating your ram/cpu/gpu and try reseating your power connectors too as some of them may have come out

Try getting into bios and setting your pcie gen speed manually to gen 3 and turning off/on 4g decoding 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

I've tried two GPUs, two power supplies, four different RAM sticks in all slots and reset CMOS already.

I haven't pulled the CPU yet but I don't see it being able to come free under a cooler and never being moved around except for gently here and there for cleaning. I can try it later though.

12 minutes ago, filpo said:

try reseating your ram/cpu/gpu and try reseating your power connectors too as some of them may have come out

Try getting into bios and setting your pcie gen speed manually to gen 3 and turning off/on 4g decoding 

I can't even get into bios. It won't post, doesn't try to do ram training etc

Sounds like your mobo or cpu went out if none of the component swaps have worked. If you can get your hands on another cpu that would be the next rule-out.