HTC's next Nexus discovered, codename 'Flounder'

Source: http://www.geek.com/android/htcs-next-nexus-discovered-codename-flounder-1593473/

What started as a simple stumble across an issue tracker last night blossomed into multiple discoveries about what is next from Google’s Android program.

Google’s annual developer conference is only weeks away, and while there’s a huge focus on apps and services that Google will be talking about this year, not to mention some kind of formal update on the state of Google Glass, it’s clear that there’s some new hardware on the way as well.

While it’s not clear when we’ll see these devices, two new hardware codenames have appeared with the same fish-based codename as the of Google’s Nexus program. Flounder and Molly have both been seen in Google’s code review now, and while that’s not enough to get excited about on its own there’s evidence pointing to HTC being the manufacturer for Flounder, and that is a great deal more exciting.

HTC has avoided the Nexus program for quite a while now, after having put their foot down and deciding that they needed to focus on releasing devices running Sense UI instead of Stock Android. The launch of the HTC One last year revealed an addendum to that decision with the Google Play edition devices, and it looks like that change has been modified even further to include a return to the Nexus program.

The changelog for Android 4.4.3 MR2 includes “device/htc/flounder” which tells us all we need to know about the relationship that the creator of the very first Nexus phone will have with the next generation of hardware from Google. Earlier hints at Flounder also included the name Volantis, which is more than likely HTC’s internal name for the hardware. You can expect to see more from both of these names over the next couple of weeks.

Can't wait for it! Hopefully an aluminum build like the One series but I doubt it. :P

cool, but I hope they stick with the current nexus aesthetic as I think it really looks good.

cool, but I hope they stick with the current nexus aesthetic as I think it really looks good.

Yeah, definitely nothing wrong with the current design, but metal is just nice. :P

But I doubt it, because it would cost more.

You can't see the quote on the night theme

Ah weird. :S

Front Facing speakers and Metal unibody. Finally a tablet that is as high quality if not higher quality than an iPad.

Well I did a stupid, I bought a Nexus 5 in Red a few days ago... I'm going to be so sad if the Nexus 6 is announced in the coming weeks >.>

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Well I did a stupid, I bought a Nexus 5 in Red a few days ago... I'm going to be so sad if the Nexus 6 is announced in the coming weeks >.>

No no, this is the tablet. :P

I would absolutely LOVE an HTC made tablet with front facing speakers that are at least on par with the ones on the One M8. I doubt they could do an aluminum tablet and keep the price close to that of the Nexus 7 though.

These renders look so damn good. :D
Nexus-6-2014-1024x513.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I hope it doesn't look as bad as a flounder.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

These renders look so damn good. :DNexus-6-2014-1024x513.png

DAT bezel. Better than my note 3s bezel size

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

DAT bezel. Better than my note 3s bezel size

Better than sex.

Please please please let this be a 10" tablet... I want to replace my now old and outdated Nexus 10.

Ah weird. :S

It means "Please paste your quotes as plain text"

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Please please please let this be a 10" tablet... I want to replace my now old and outdated Nexus 10.

Supposedly, google is going for 8-9" and getting rid or the 7" and 10"

Is the Nexus program dead only for phones?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I guess.

The Nexus program being dead at all is just a rumor. There was a similar rumor saying it was dead a year ago too, look how that turned out. Rumors are called rumors for a reason, always take em with a hefty dose of salt.

These renders look so damn good. :D

Nexus-6-2014-1024x513.png

if its anything like that i will buy 100%

PC Gaming forever...