razer kiyo or something else?

Indian pc builder
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
On 4/29/2023 at 3:39 AM, Indian pc builder said:

currently looking at a razer kiyo as an option for a webcam for video calls, main gripe is that it doesnt have a good mic, could someone please suggest a good, value, 720-1080p webcam with a decent mic, decent video and maybe windows hello(im willing to drop that requirement), also keep price under 120 usd,

pls help

i have already easted too much time thinking about this instead of doing something productive

with that money why not just get a mic and a mic stand. 

5 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

i can run a headset but i don't wan't to because then i might as well use my headset all the time and forgo the speakers entirely

Usign speakers for calls is just asking for trouble. I personaly dont have problems using my speakers on my setup even though I have  a whole headphone mic setup. speakers are great when you just want to lay back and watch a youtube video or movie, or if you want to listen to music while not at your desk. or if your playing a game and not in a call. using speakers while in a call is just disrespectful

currently looking at a razer kiyo as an option for a webcam for video calls, main gripe is that it doesnt have a good mic, could someone please suggest a good, value, 720-1080p webcam with a decent mic, decent video and maybe windows hello(im willing to drop that requirement), also keep price under 120 usd,

pls help

i have already easted too much time thinking about this instead of doing something productive

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

4 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

currently looking at a razer kiyo as an option for a webcam for video calls, main gripe is that it doesnt have a good mic

No webcam have good built in mic. They have to work with the smallest pinhole hollow inside of the camera with wide pickup pattern. Double whammy, basically equivalent of phone mics are the only ones available for webcams.

Any reason for no separate mic or even atleast running a headset solely for video calls?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

19 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

No webcam have good built in mic. They have to work with the smallest pinhole hollow inside of the camera with wide pickup pattern. Double whammy, basically equivalent of phone mics are the only ones available for webcams.

Any reason for no separate mic or even atleast running a headset solely for video calls?

i can run a headset but i don't wan't to because then i might as well use my headset all the time and forgo the speakers entirely

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

1 hour ago, Indian pc builder said:

I mean if you want a justification to that, i currently run both my KZ ES4 and my Onyx Studio 3 to my PC. Its normal setup to have both at the same time.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

On 4/29/2023 at 3:39 AM, Indian pc builder said:

pls help

with that money why not just get a mic and a mic stand. 

5 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

Usign speakers for calls is just asking for trouble. I personaly dont have problems using my speakers on my setup even though I have  a whole headphone mic setup. speakers are great when you just want to lay back and watch a youtube video or movie, or if you want to listen to music while not at your desk. or if your playing a game and not in a call. using speakers while in a call is just disrespectful