I found this 9600 gt in my barn , how do i clean it ?

REC Monika

This badboy was chillin in a random bucket when i was taking out laundary (i live on the countryside in Poland) , i want to run (or at least walk) crisis on it 

received_613376407393591.jpeg

16821578143756789290456244778711.jpg

16821578419321729771858329343166.jpg

16821578573452359677263455726054.jpg

1. Find a clean area to work
  2. Get a bucket of warm soapy water
  3. Go to ebay and buy another card
  4. Throw that mangled wreck in the trash

Really not much point trying to salvage that. But if you really want to then take the cooler off and wash the whole thing in warm soapy water with a soft brush. Let it dry thoroughly before repasting the cooler.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:
  1. Find a clean area to work
  2. Get a bucket of warm soapy water
  3. Go to ebay and buy another card
  4. Throw that mangled wreck in the trash

Really not much point trying to salvage that. But if you really want to then take the cooler off and wash the whole thing in warm soapy water with a soft brush. Let it dry thoroughly before repasting the cooler.

I'd do it just to see if it can be done.

The cooler itself is trashed as is due to the damage the fins have taken. If they can be straightened out again AND if the majority of them are still there it may be useable - And that's only IF, after all that the cooling fan itself still works.
Either replace the cooler period or remove it to repair/straighten the cooling fins and motor, reTIM and then reinstall the cooler. 

Yes, cleanup ATM is the biggest step to take to start off with.
Soap and water with a soft brush is a good start and may take some doing, maybe not.
Clean it off and be sure the card's gold fingers on the bottom are still in good shape and clean too, be careful when cleaning those.

After a good wash and rinse, allow it to dy and them move on to the DVI headers.
I can promise you the contact pins inside are dirty and tarnished so you'll have to get those taken care of for it to send a signal out to a monitor and it's the same thing for the power plug pins too for getting any power to the card it needs.
Electrical contact cleaner, if available to you can help with some of this kind of work.

Let it dry for a couple of days minimum and try it in a spare/testing/machine you don't care about because of the card really is FUBAR, the machine it's tested in could be too when the power button is pressed.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Put the card in an ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water in it. Let it run a few minutes, rinse to remove the biggest junk, repeat and let it run longer. If there's corrosion, you need to use a cleaning solution along with it. Like Branson electronic cleaner. 97% water, 3% cleaning fluid. Don't put alcohol in an ultrasonic cleaner.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If this is just for laughs... You'll need some dish detergent and distilled water.

Clean off as much of the loose dirt as you can dry, using a paintbrush or something like that.

Take the fan off the heatsink, and the heatsink off the card. Clean all the old thermal paste off using alcohol.

Make up a bucket of warm soapy water, and then scrub the board with an old toothbrush. 

Once you have the board visually clean, rinse thoroughly with distilled water.

If you have the rubbing alcohol to spare, rinse the board a second time with that.

Shake as much liquid off the board as you can, then leave it hanging somewhere to dry for at least a couple days.

After you've cleaned the board, clean the heatsink. Cleaning the fan by immersing it in water is a bad idea unless it's completely seized.

Make sure you test the board in a computer you don't care about, where it doesn't matter if it gets destroyed.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

IMHO the effort to make that old dirty crap work (if it does) will cost more than buying some more recent low end GPU...

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones