The Human Brain Project Creates an AI That Runs On a Simulated Human Brain, Down to the Individual Neurons

On 4/22/2023 at 4:00 AM, filpo said:

'"Whenever your futurists envision the advent of artificial intelligence, their predictions invariably end with humanity attempting to destroy its unholy AI creation before it can destroy them. Why do you think that is?"'

Parzival (AKA Wade) replies '"Because the ungrateful AI always seems to decide that humans are inferior and need to be eliminated'" 

Conclusion - If we make AI that can have emotions and have a brain like ours then we have to trust them and feel equal to them.

Unless we do this, I feel that we would struggle to coexist

I've always had this theory floating in my head that I've been building on the toilet for years now and I guess it's time I put it up for discussion.

Humanity as it is right now is internally divided. This is a fact.

We live in different places, have different cultures and are part of different socio-economic classes.
At the end of the day, we all are still humans, the same over-evolved monke on the same floating space rock for the past 10,000 years or so.

Yet even though we are all biologically identical, we find countless ways to discriminate each other via mob mentality(wealth, race, religion).

Most of the time it's unconscious and other times it's quite brazen.

Knowing all of this, what would happen if humanity was introduced to a brand new species?
Would it:

a) Welcome it Peacefully

b) Approach with Caution
c) Forget all its internal conflicts and band together, united and dump them on the new kid(species)

i.e to say Humanity would gradually stop / signifying discriminatination against other humans and instead discriminate against the new species

Probability and Human Nature dictate that it's almost a perfect 50/50 between violence or peace

I say almost because there is an unknown x% that is in favour of one of those 2.

I call it Schrodonger's Likelihood. You won't know which outcome is(was?) more likely until it actually happens.

When you combine all of that with a Detroit:Become Human-esque world that we will unknowingly take inspiration from, the answer to the above question really starts to become significant, especially, when the new species is made BY humans and in charge of systems that can affect their survival (Military weapons, Water & Food supply, etc). Do we really need sentient AI?

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far