I bought 2 Aeolus 1204R fans and I don't know where to plug their molex connector

Codrut1001

I have purchased some RGB case fans from Aeolus. While they have the normal GDV RGB connector, they also have molex 4 pin.

All about the various PC power supply cables and connectors

In the documentation pdf, there is a diagram showing to connect the RGB controller extension to the power supply and on that to connect the fans, but I didn't purchase it as the product description didn't mention it required such a device. I thought about connecting the fans directly to the Power Supply, but that does not really make any sense as they will run at max speed constantly. Also in the documentation, the images only show the 4 pin molex on the controller device, the fans have normal-sized 4 pin connectors.

Also, I have a Z790 motherboard and a Modular PSU.

Where am I supposed to connect these fans?

Well unfortunately there is a lot of fans that might not strictly mention they need the controller while they do, yours was quite nice including a molex but an incorrect one for this case as that one would be a male that you plug into equipment, I think some motherboards has power given out that way but not sure. What you need is probably the controller and ofc this setup where it uses a sata female 

image.png.8f5aeeb0ddee01414512742c6d2bd8c3.png

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

16 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well unfortunately there is a lot of fans that might not strictly mention they need the controller while they do, yours was quite nice including a molex but an incorrect one for this case as that one would be a male that you plug into equipment, I think some motherboards has power given out that way but not sure. What you need is probably the controller and ofc this setup where it uses a sata female 

image.png.8f5aeeb0ddee01414512742c6d2bd8c3.png

I tried plugging the fans directly to the PSU and they function, but I don't think their speed varies. Also Gigabyte RGB fustion can't control their color even thought they are connected to the GDV rgb port. They turn off their default color but remain off when plugged into the port.

6 minutes ago, Codrut1001 said:

I tried plugging the fans directly to the PSU and they function, but I don't think their speed varies. Also Gigabyte RGB fustion can't control their color even thought they are connected to the GDV rgb port. They turn off their default color but remain off when plugged into the port.

as for the colour not working I can't judge that, as for the speed no it doesn't adjust as molex delivers that full power unless you have a cable with one of those switches

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Do you have a 3 or 4 pin connector for the mobo header, aside from the molex?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

8 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Do you have a 3 or 4 pin connector for the mobo header, aside from the molex?

Its a 3 pin, like a 4 pin in size but one connector is missing

7 hours ago, Codrut1001 said:

Its a 3 pin, like a 4 pin in size but one connector is missing

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, there are only TWO connectors on the GAMDIAS Aeolus fans. That tells me these are DC fans, not PWM. Looking at the GAMDIAS website, the specs state that they are not PWM. You will have no control over the lights because they are only provided power. You'd have to buy fans that have a 4-pin (PWM) connector, or get ARGB fans, which would have a DIFFERENT 4-pin connector with one of the middle ones holes blocked (i.e., the ARGB header has only got 3 pins but is using a 4-pin configuration). That is unless you get the controller box, which will give you some control over the lighting (but not as much as PWM or ARGB).

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂