Is this a good starter?

Havock
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
3 hours ago, filpo said:

they’re basically a scam.

Its not that theyre a scam, its that theyre run by scum. Digital Storm is FAMOUSLY known to withheld shipping to consumer for an exorbitantly long time, even up to a year. And same practice is applied in Redux, which is their children company. And besides, that would still be a piss poor 1700$ spend for all the hassle.

If you want to shop for prebuilt, you should just check out Newegg's ABS systems if you dont mind to do some parts replacement (PSU in particular) and doing most if not all RMA on your own, or check out iBuyPower or Origin daily deals for something more bang for the buck with actual support.

Budget (including currency): $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Val, D2

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): is this a good starter?

IMG_2081.png

Edited by Havock

17 minutes ago, Havock said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): is this a good starter?

IMG_2081.png

Don’t buy from build redux, they’re basically a scam. Build it yourself 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

18 minutes ago, Havock said:

IMG_2081.png

Also get a gpu like the 4070 ti instead, with a ryzen 7 7700 non x, a b650 board, some 6000 ram, a 1tb p5 plus, an rm850x and a h5 flow with a 5 pack of p12s. Also use pc part picker to see what your money can really get you 

Current parts list

3 hours ago, filpo said:

they’re basically a scam.

Its not that theyre a scam, its that theyre run by scum. Digital Storm is FAMOUSLY known to withheld shipping to consumer for an exorbitantly long time, even up to a year. And same practice is applied in Redux, which is their children company. And besides, that would still be a piss poor 1700$ spend for all the hassle.

If you want to shop for prebuilt, you should just check out Newegg's ABS systems if you dont mind to do some parts replacement (PSU in particular) and doing most if not all RMA on your own, or check out iBuyPower or Origin daily deals for something more bang for the buck with actual support.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Watch out as the CPU and motherboard that you are interested in does not support DDR4 memory as selected in your part list. For first time builders a tool like PC Part Picker might be a good idea to ensure all your parts are compatible. Still always recommend double checking manually but it would be a good start at least. It's never fun when you get a big box of components and one incompatibility sets back the whole project.

Other components look to be alright though given your use case. You mentioned that your budget is around 2k so it might be worth getting a slightly beefier GPU as it could sure make a difference in your day to day. I currently use a 3080 and am plenty happy with my 1440p ultra wide. Depending on the type of display your are looking to run and particularly target refresh rate your mileage may vary.

Gigabyte x570 UD   -   Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.0 Ghz   -   64GB 3200MHz CL16 T-Force Vulcan Z   -   Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity

2x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB   -   2x Seagate Exos X14 10TB 7200 RPM 256MB   -   Corsair RM1000x    -    Lian Li Lancool One

Just in case you find the part picker website to be a bit to much I made a starter point for you. As expected you can really stretch that budget further purchasing elsewhere. Assuming you feel alright with self assembly. Happy to help with any questions you may encounter along the way.

I picked out equivalent or better components to what was listed above. Particularly in regard to the better version of the CPU you had before and a branded SSD to ensure you have reasonable and reliable storage. It also includes a power supply from a reputable company. Anytime a company doesn't specify the brand of the components that they use in your build you can almost guarantee that they are price shopping for the lowest cost solution.

Hope this is of some help!

Part Picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qLYp78

Price: 1435.01 (USD)

Gigabyte x570 UD   -   Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.0 Ghz   -   64GB 3200MHz CL16 T-Force Vulcan Z   -   Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity

2x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB   -   2x Seagate Exos X14 10TB 7200 RPM 256MB   -   Corsair RM1000x    -    Lian Li Lancool One

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Its not that theyre a scam, its that theyre run by scum. Digital Storm is FAMOUSLY known to withheld shipping to consumer for an exorbitantly long time, even up to a year. And same practice is applied in Redux, which is their parent company. And besides, that would still be a piss poor 1700$ spend for all the hassle.

Ye good point, after watching the gamers nexus I thought it was a scam but now I know they’re technically scum (obviously not as people maybe but just to people) 

Current parts list