Windows boot takes 30 minutes - Can't reinstall windows

My windows takes around 30 minutes to boot. And i want to save it.

I know its software based cause i tested these:

tried to clone a new ssd same result

tried to boot on other pc same result

new windows install - boots fast

Recreated the boot partition same result

I can't do fresh install - i have important data / programs etc. I can't risk losing any part of lisance of programs i use. Anythink would help. Thanks

well.. without an in depth look into, for a start, what software is on this thing.. there's zero chance we're gonna come to a solution here.

could always just do the usual "i dont know what's wrong" fix:

cmd as administrator:

sfc /scannow
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

and a disk cleanup after that for good measure.

Because you already tried another PC. I am going to assume this issue is fully Windows related and happens after post. 

Have you checked the Windows system logs from the boot-up sequence just to see what it's doing?

Have you tried to boot into safe mode to see if the problem is caused by the Windows installation or a piece of external software (or combination of software)?

In any case, you make a good example of why you should just back-up your stuff.

Uncheck most of the "startup" apps, set them to disabled, then look for a few culprits that might be taking up resources for the boot to take this long. Also ssd or hdd we are talking about when booting?

@SebSebastian its ssd i am booting from. Startup apps seems all disabled.

@FrowningHippo I didnt check system logs - how do i check ? I tried safe mode no diffrence on speed. 

@manikyath I tried the commands but sorry no diffrence. And about the software thingie on it : if i am right its a dentist app with xray app that connects to xray machine or something.

6 minutes ago, cekcons said:

@SebSebastian its ssd i am booting from. Startup apps seems all disabled.

@FrowningHippo I didnt check system logs - how do i check ? I tried safe mode no diffrence on speed. 

@manikyath I tried the commands but sorry no diffrence. And about the software thingie on it : if i am right its a dentist app with xray app that connects to xray machine or something.

If safe mode didn't work. Most likely your Windows Installation is botched. Could be it's hanging on something that it's missing. You can check the Windows Logs by using either the search function of your PC and search for system Logs or right click the start button and select logs. Be sure to check the logs for Windows and look at times the PC was booted. Just to see what happens during the boot up and what takes so long.

2 minutes ago, FrowningHippo said:

You can check the Windows Logs by using either the search function of your PC and search for system Logs or right click the start button and select logs.

Is event viewer what i need to look for ?

1 minute ago, cekcons said:

Is event viewer what i need to look for ?

Yes. Sorry apparantly the function isn't literally translated from English. Specifically you want to look for the system log under the Windows folder and filter on error and critical

somehow booted and i checked event viewer. Has a lot of error something called DCOM with code 1084.... never heard of it . does anyone know anything ?

1 hour ago, cekcons said:

somehow booted and i checked event viewer. Has a lot of error something called DCOM with code 1084.... never heard of it . does anyone know anything ?

DCOM errors are really common and used for multiple time-outs. Can you give a bit more information about the 1084 errors? Just to make sure; they are happening right after boot and on timestamps that you are waiting for the PC to actually get into Windows right?

Yes that is correct - time stamps seems to be matching. I deleted some drivers to reinstall but i am really not sure how to give "more info". i will check what i can do and post here .

42 minutes ago, cekcons said:

Yes that is correct - time stamps seems to be matching. I deleted some drivers to reinstall but i am really not sure how to give "more info". i will check what i can do and post here .

When you press the errors it will show more detailed information underneath. Sharing that info might help identifying the application or driver that is causing the issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Im back

On 4/14/2023 at 5:38 PM, FrowningHippo said:

When you press the errors it will show more detailed information underneath. Sharing that info might help identifying the application or driver that is causing the issues.

i tried to check what the hell dcom is - not sure what it is but googled how to fix it . errors doesnt appear but still slow af.

I replaced "windows" folder form other workin fine windows. it boots fast but windows it self doesnt work that good like cant reach the profile and start menu doesnt work etc. Still no fix so far.

Yet I have a second pc with same issue........

24 minutes ago, cekcons said:

Im back

i tried to check what the hell dcom is - not sure what it is but googled how to fix it . errors doesnt appear but still slow af.

I replaced "windows" folder form other workin fine windows. it boots fast but windows it self doesnt work that good like cant reach the profile and start menu doesnt work etc. Still no fix so far.

Yet I have a second pc with same issue........

what boot disk are you using?