Gaming PC Under £275 ($342 USD)

CrFa66

Budget (including currency): £275 GBP

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch 2, Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0, Minecraft, Valorant, CS:GO, HALO Infinite, YouTube

Other details: Should play at 1080p or 1600x900 at 60hz with playable/decent FPS

Current parts list:

CPU - Ryzen 5 3400G  £65

Mobo - Gigabyte B450M K microATX  £61

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200  £40

HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500GB  £4.50

GPU - Integrated Vega 11 Graphics

Case - Deepcool MATREXX 40 3FS microATX Mini Tower  £40

PSU - Aresgame AGV650 80+ Bronze  £40

OS - Windows 10 Pro  £8

Total (including other stuff like HDMI cable, USB drive, etc) = £273

All parts are new from different websites for the cheapest combo, and some parts are from local retailer that sells them for quite affordable prices.

3 minutes ago, CrFa66 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch 2, Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0, Minecraft, Valorant, CS:GO, HALO Infinite, YouTube

Other details: Should play at 1080p or 1600x900 at 60hz with playable/decent FPS

Current parts list:

Budget is too low for anything new, try to find a decent 4-5 years old used PC...

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Yeah so either you spend that now and need to replace the pc again in like 2 years or you save up to 450 pounds and have a system thatll last you many years.

Also your parts list is empty.

I recommend option 2 as it saves you money in the long run

Just now, eggowlred said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ym6Mzf It’s over your budget but best I could do with decent specs and upgrade room

Board wont support the 5600g out of the box and you cant usb bios update it without a cpu.

Otherwise yeah thats a good core system to start with and add a gpu later.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Board wont support the 5600g out of the box and you cant usb bios update it without a cpu.

Otherwise yeah thats a good core system to start with and add a gpu later.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah so either you spend that now and need to replace the pc again in like 2 years or you save up to 450 pounds and have a system thatll last you many years.

Also your parts list is empty.

I recommend option 2 as it saves you money in the long run

7 minutes ago, eggowlred said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ym6Mzf It’s over your budget but best I could do with decent specs and upgrade room

8 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Budget is too low for anything new, try to find a decent 4-5 years old used PC...

PLEASE CHECK MY POST AGAIN, I forgot to add current parts list

5 minutes ago, eggowlred said:

"Thats how you know youve thin out the soup too much" - Dankpods

But yeah, otherwise solid build if OP can get the money for more upgrade later on, with GPU at first. But if OP cant afford that, a used Haswell Optiplex 7020 with a cheap GPU like a 1650 Super or a 1060.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

15 minutes ago, CrFa66 said:

Current parts list:

CPU - Ryzen 5 3400G  £65

OS - Windows 10 Pro  £8

All parts are new from different websites for the cheapest combo, and some parts are from local retailer that sells them for quite affordable prices.

Best you can do just change you PSU to this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wbhj4D/thermaltake-smart-500w-80-certified-atx-power-supply-ps-spd-0500npcwus-w

8 hours ago, eggowlred said:

This is something like I would recommend, but this is as cheap as you can go really.

Not sure even how well the 5600G iGPU would handle COD Warzone...

Budget is really too low for anything decent honestly. Get a deal on a used system, or try save up more money. This budget is unrealistic.

<removed by staff>

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

15 minutes ago, CrFa66 said:

Current parts list:

CPU - Ryzen 5 3400G  £65

OS - Windows 10 Pro  £8

Honestly not too bad a pc but it won't play call of duty or halo EXCEPT THE PSU and hdd

That thing WILL BLOW YOUR PC UP and the hdd will make the pc basically unusable for gaming.

Gaming on  the cheap is always possible but I would also lean towards getting a fully built secondhand PC.

As prices for DDR 5 SSDs and even those AM5 motherboards have dropped and now the release of the 7800X3D there could well be a decent amount of people jumping on the build a new PC train and they ghave pretty decent PCs that they would be quite happy to sell for the budget you have.

Also if in the UK you should be fine as PC density is very high and getting to a local seller where you can see if everything woks ok should be easy enough.

18 minutes ago, CrFa66 said:

Current parts list:

CPU - Ryzen 5 3400G  £65

OS - Windows 10 Pro  £8

I don't think this config will run COD Warzone at 1080p 60fps. Not by a long shot. The CPU on the 3400G is Zen+, super old at this point, and the GPU on it is.. not good.

I found this video of someone running COD warzone 2.0 on the 3400G, average FPS is not too bad, but it is a stutterfest, probably due to CPU bottleneck.

Also, I would strongly advise against not having an SSD. The HDD will just be horrificly slow in daily use.

hi. i would reccomend checking out cex. i have bought from them before and had mostly good experiences. they give you a 2 year warrenty so no worries about stuff breaking. also for your own good get a ssd. the ryzen apu will not do anything exept really light games. i have a 5600g which is better and that struggles with warzone

1 minute ago, Tomberry said:

hi. i would reccomend checking out cex. i have bought from them before and had mostly good experiences. they give you a 2 year warrenty so no worries about stuff breaking. also for your own good get a ssd. the ryzen apu will not do anything exept really light games. i have a 5600g which is better and that struggles with warzone

Good point randomgaminghd often gets actual good systems from them for the 300 pound range. Ryzen systems aren't too uncommon there.

Just for op make sure you have AT LEAST 8 threads and the ability to UPGRADE to more in the future because the second the 8th gen consoles go away be sure that 8 threads won't cut it anymore.

24 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Good point randomgaminghd often gets actual good systems from them for the 300 pound range. Ryzen systems aren't too uncommon there.

Just for op make sure you have AT LEAST 8 threads and the ability to UPGRADE to more in the future because the second the 8th gen consoles go away be sure that 8 threads won't cut it anymore.

yh i recently put together a 350 ish build for some one with parts from there. you can get really cheap ram from cex and the cpus are good value to.

1 hour ago, maartendc said:

Also, I would strongly advise against not having an SSD. The HDD will just be horrificly slow in daily use.

In call of duty having a os + that game on the same hard drive means it will basically not work. It struggles a ton already just on it's own hdd but when windows is on it it's going to be a horrible time.

I built an 2011-3 Xeon e5-2690 v4 with GTX 1060 6GB and chinese x99 salvage mobo system for 300$ USA money.

It can be done. But some sacrifices will need to be made

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I built an 2011-3 Xeon e5-2690 v4 with GTX 1060 6GB and chinese x99 salvage mobo system for 300$ USA money.

It can be done. But some sacrifices will need to be made

Hp z440's are like 170 pounds for the 16gb one with the e5 1560 v4 6 core which is pretty decent. Then slap in a gpu and call it a day.

It'll do better than this system they've found and well doesn't have a pc killer psu and hdd 😛

Check local classified for a second hand system.  You can probably find someething with an rx 480/570/580 or GTX 1060 for your budget, and it will play the games quite well at medium to high settings depending on your monitor.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.