Would this work with no BIOS update and this CPU

Go to solution Solved by Queen Chrysalis,

Yes.  The 3200g is really still mostly zen 1, and zen 2 released almost 4 years ago.  Nothing new in box today will have a BIOS that won't support it.

Budget (including currency): under $100 USD 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I already have a RTX 3050 and 16 GB of DDR4 RAM but my Ryzen 5 2600x is starting the CPU indicator light also my motherboard has some broken connectors and needs replaced I have a new Ryzen 3 3200g lying around and I am wondering if a A320 motherboard would be compatible with the Ryzen 3 3200g please let me know if it is compatible also this PC build will be used for 1080p 60 with the occasional 4k 60 until I can save up for a PC that I am not going to give to my siblings who can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4k because for some reason I have super detailed vision and require a 8k machine in the future but this is just for 1080p but anyways is the Ryzen 3 3200g compatible with a A320 motherboard please let me know!!!!

A320 is a chipset. CPU compatibility depends on the motherboard, not necessarily chipset.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yes.  The 3200g is really still mostly zen 1, and zen 2 released almost 4 years ago.  Nothing new in box today will have a BIOS that won't support it.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Oh wait, I misread that.  If you already own the motherboard, you should definitely update the BIOS before you swap the chips.

But yes, it's compatible.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

A320 is a chipset. CPU compatibility depends on the motherboard, not necessarily chipset.

This is somewhat incorrect but not completely. The chipset is a rough indicator of which CPU it will support, but you are correct that at the end of the day you will have to check your motherboard vendor's website to see the supported CPU list. If one was to try and put a Ryzen 4000 and 5000 CPU in then you are even more correct as it would be up to the motherboard manufacturer to make a supported BIOS. 

According to AMD's chart, it looks like any A320 should in theory support any Ryzen 3000 APUs. Double check if a BIOS update might be required since I know with Ryzen 5000 there were support issues with being able to store enough code to support more than 1 generation. You can take your motherboard to a computer shop near you, and they might be able to use a Ryzen 1000 CPU to flash a new BIOS for free or for a small fee

image.thumb.png.9f34dba964a7a23144bb744499c6c2f4.png