My LG monitor won't run on 144hz 4k

Aritra Roy

I am using a LG 27GN95R-B 27" UHD. It's past the return window on newegg. I am using it with a ROG G15 2022 laptop with a Ryzen 7 6800H and a RTX 3060. I am not able to run it on 4k 144hz, I have contacted LG updated the drivers but nothing seems to work please suggest. It only shows 4k 60hz or 2k 120hz on Nvidia control panel. Screenshots attached.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I had a gigabyte monitor which seemed to work with my monitor for 4k 144hz. I switched to LG due to the inconsistent signal issues on the gigabyte monitor to the point where it completely stopped working. I read somewhere that the LG monitor only has HDMI 2.0 ports. Is there a reliable cable that I can use for DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1? 

27GN95R-B does not have HDMI 2.1 so you'll need to connect it via native DisplayPort to a computer that support Display Stream Compression (DSC). 

27GP950-B on the other hand does have HDMI 2.1 ports. 

From the help section in your manual: 

image.png.5c262948360281c42a6ac5837a5c4e7a.png

Good news, is your laptop's USB Type C ports appear to support DisplayPort Alt-Mode so your best bet to get a native 4K @ 144Hz image out of your laptop is simple a Type C to DisplayPort cable like this: https://www.newegg.ca/p/183-00JP-00029

NOTE: It MAY work with the cheaper options that only say 4K60 since that's not accounting for Display Stream Compression. 

• 2 months later...

It definitely worked using the display port to type c cable. Thanks again

Screenshot 2023-06-24 121236.png