The Prusa MK4 is Here!

My_Computer_Is_Trash

Apparently Prusa is great at keeping secrets because they just kind of released this thing with no warning... idk They released three YouTube videos yesterday (all of which are below) showcasing the printer and its capabilities. And it costs....$800?! And that's if you want to assemble it. It costs $1,100 if you want it pre assembled..... It does have a significantly improved UI though. And in my opinion, its good. Its available to buy at their website.

Features/Improvements

1. 90% of the parts have been changed or improved

2. Thicker Z axis rod

3. Their new extruder they call...Nextruder, which comes with Auto levelling, and a load cell sensor. Instead of using an auto levelling thingie on the side, the extruder taps the print bed

4. Completely redesigned 32 bit UI which includes Ethernet, Wifi, A heatbreak thermistor, hardware overheating protection, overcurrent protection, dual voltage monitoring, an actual color screen, An ARM CPU, USB-C, and USB-A capability, it can also display a 3D model of the print.

4. Comes with Ethernet, and Wi-Fi.

5. A stiffer frame with vibration dampening.

6. A customizable RGB status bar.

7. Improved 3D printed parts.

8. They claim to have an "Always perfect first layer"

9. Ability to quick swap nozzles, it comes with an adapter for aftermarket nozzles as well

10. Filament sensor

11. Extruder uses improved planetary gear system to drive filament. And has an exceptionally large gear compared to other extruder systems so that more of the filament surface area can be gripped.

12. New draft mode for rapid prototyping. Prusa claims a 3D benchy takes 20 minutes in draft mode on the MK4 rather than the 81 minute time on the MK3

13. Encrypted remote printing software that comes with the printer. They call it Prusa Connect.

14. Completely redesigned customizable GUI with lots of QOL features

15. Extremely quiet. Operation from ~3ft away reads at 43 decibels.

16. "Exceptional print quality" (lol)

17. Able to print with PLA, PTEG, ASA, PA11 (Nylon), FLEX, and PCCF.

18. "The MK4 Has New No-VFA Motors (vertical fine artifacts)" (You can actually see the difference!)

19. Magnetic print sheets

20. Automatic Filament Loading (Don't need to use UI just push the filament into the extruder and it eats it like a DVD player eats a DVD)

21. "The MK4 Has Over 1,000,000 Test Hours On Our Print Farm"

22. Repairability

23. Power loss recovery (Print can resume after power loss)

24. Built in self testing for all axis.

25. Its open source

26. YOU CAN UPGRADE YOUR MK3 TO AN MK4? WITH THREE OPTIONS IN BETWEEN? WHAT IS THIS... FRAMEWORK?

27. Upgrades: New MMU (Filament Switcher.) (Print up to 5 colors on the same layer) and you can upgrade from the MMU2 to the new MMU3

Omg, it's a signature!

The out of the box ASA printing is neat. 

Although while it can do it afaik you'd likely need an enclosure for good results. 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Already posted:

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2