pc crashes when launching game

hoi4 enjoyer

no matter what game i try to play same result, have changed all parts except pcu. pcu is brand new bc last one blew up. anyone might know what the problem is?

If your house is old it could be an issue with your home's wiring. Which could explain why the old psu blew up.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

1 hour ago, TylerD321 said:

If your house is old it could be an issue with your home's wiring. Which could explain why the old psu blew up.

my house is old yes. when i lived in a different house a newer one my pcu also blew up. i bought a prebuilt pc 5 years ago and when my pc blew up i got the warranty pcu, have gotten the free pc 2 times. about a mont ago when my free pcu blew up i decided to buy a real pcu. current pcu is 1000W last one was 650

If you have a 1000w PSU, that's not going to be the problem. 

If it's crashing consistently, it's likely because the RAM doesn't match what the CPU actually wants. That is USUALLY the problem. If the GPU is the problem it'll usually be glitches in the video if it's video RAM, or black screens/BSOD's when the driver resets.

But you need to elaborate on what you mean by "Crashes" Look at the event log. If it's BSOD'ing try bluescreenview. That will tell you what driver is crashing.

2 minutes ago, Kisai said:

If it's crashing consistently, it's likely because the RAM doesn't match what the CPU actually wants. That is USUALLY the problem. If the GPU is the problem it'll usually be glitches in the video if it's video RAM, or black screens/BSOD's when the driver resets.

But you need to elaborate on what you mean by "Crashes" Look at the event log. If it's BSOD'ing try bluescreenview. That will tell you what driver is crashing.

how do i look at the event log?

16 hours ago, Kisai said:

not blue screen, pc just restarts also how do i look at the event log?

14 minutes ago, hoi4 enjoyer said:

not blue screen, pc just restarts also how do i look at the event log?

If the PC restarts, then something is drawing too much power. You might have a lemon of a PSU or you might have the cooler not installed properly on the CPU and it's just triggering a thermal shutdown.

The "Event Viewer" will tell you what's happening. It will say usually say "bugcheck" if it bluescreened, or "Kernel-Power" if it's actually spontaneously shutting down.

image.thumb.png.677135e0e2714670a6641c8f1b27fd18.png

Thermal shutdowns are a bit harder to determine. You'll probably want to find your motherboard's tools for doing this. There are also tools like Aida64 cant can also give you detail information, but it's unnecessary if your motherboard came with one.

All you need to do is see if it happens if the CPU alone gets hot. If it reboots from a CPU-only load, then it's the CPU. If it only does it from a GPU load, then you might have not plugged the power cables in, or they're loose or something.

Or you could have a defective PSU.

Believe me, I once went through a cycle of "replacing everything" before it turned out to be the PSU. The PSU is the least likely culprit, but it's the hardest one to pin down blame on.

4 hours ago, Kisai said:

If the PC restarts, then something is drawing too much power. You might have a lemon of a PSU or you might have the cooler not installed properly on the CPU and it's just triggering a thermal shutdown.

The "Event Viewer" will tell you what's happening. It will say usually say "bugcheck" if it bluescreened, or "Kernel-Power" if it's actually spontaneously shutting down.

Thermal shutdowns are a bit harder to determine. You'll probably want to find your motherboard's tools for doing this. There are also tools like Aida64 cant can also give you detail information, but it's unnecessary if your motherboard came with one.

All you need to do is see if it happens if the CPU alone gets hot. If it reboots from a CPU-only load, then it's the CPU. If it only does it from a GPU load, then you might have not plugged the power cables in, or they're loose or something.

Believe me, I once went through a cycle of "replacing everything" before it turned out to be the PSU. The PSU is the least likely culprit, but it's the hardest one to pin down blame on.

image.png.72a95f1470875028b21d5cd21aef7f0e.png

21 hours ago, Kisai said:

I have a gigabyte P1000GM pcu may that be the problem?

1 hour ago, hoi4 enjoyer said:

don't you have return policy on new parts?. order another brand 1000W psu. if it works, RMA the old one cash back.  if it don't. just return the new one. 

9 hours ago, hoi4 enjoyer said:

If it's the PSU, it will generally fail exactly the same way, every time. If it's the CPU cooler not mounted correctly, it will shut down at exactly the same temperature every time, and usually that will be reached in seconds as soon as there is a load, and typically a thermal shutdown will look like you pulled the power cord from the wall. PSU overload by the GPU will also do that.

At this point I'd say try swapping the PSU while you still have it under warranty.