X470 Hero VII Weird Issues

randommike360

I have just changed my x470 gaming 7 wifi to the x470 hero vii due to it randomly cutting out.

The corsair commander is confimed working into two seperate machines

On the hero vii when the corsair commander pro is plugged into the usb2 header I get a usb descriptor failed message for the usb hub device.

Or randomlywhen booting it will hang on code 98 untill it is unplugged, I also have noticed the same if i leave anything plugged into my corsair ST100 it will also hang on code 98.

The motherboard does not seem to like any usb hubs attached while booting when in windows it works fine?

Does any one have the same issue or a solution?

Hi, i have tried several bios versions and am currently on the latest running a 5900x.

Bios has been reset lots of times with no change, i have tested all usb ports when in windows and they are all working.

The only issue is with boot getting stuck on the 98 code unless the device is unplugged, also just tried plugging in my monitor usb c hub and it does not show either but plugging in a usb c ssd works no problem.

The commander pro, ST100 and monitor usb hubs worked no issue with the gigabyte x470 gaming 7 wifi.

Since when it posts it does work i dont think its the usb controller. Found some info that having legacy bios enabled can cause this to happen. Have you tried disabling that?

I have just disabled legacy boot and set to UEFI only, same issue.

As a test i plugged in my stream deck to the ST100 and it will hang on code 98.

When it boots it takes a while, when windows boots it cant recongise the device, unless I unplug it and plug it in again, then it does.

If I use a usb extention lead for the steam deck it will boot and work no issue.

Also found some threads saying it can be an usb3/2 issue. Maybe messing around with the bios usb settings will help, something like disabling legacy usb or putting usb 3.0 to enabled instead of auto