Recommendations for a laptop?

I currently have an intel Celeron chip based laptop back from 2017. 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 720p screen, 14" 

I started looking for a notebook in the EU and found THIS ONE.

Price is 399 EUR + 19.99 EUR Shipping within the EU. So 418 EUR to my doorstep. 

15.6" 1080p Screen

Intel Core i3 11th Gen

8GB DDR4 RAM

512GB SSD

1.8 KG

Comes with Windows 10 HOME

I want to use it for the course I'm doing later this year and assignments, watching full HD movies, browsing with 6 or 7 tabs open in Chrome browser, music, maybe some photoshop editing. 

Do you think it's a decent price or would you recommend me a better deal (laptop)? 

Budget Gamer at heart.

5 minutes ago, Brandi93 said:

I want to use it for the course I'm doing later this year and assignments

How portable do you need the Laptop to be? I've had a very similar one and found it annoying to lug around, I'd recommend a 14" for that

6 minutes ago, Brandi93 said:

browsing with 6 or 7 tabs open in Chrome browser, music, maybe some photoshop editing.

I would kinda lean towards 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD instead, the device should last a lot longer that way. You could also get the one with SO-DIMM slots (plural!) to upgrade it yourself and save some money

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

You get more bang for your buck, if you buy a used business laptop or mobile workstation.

HP, Dell and Lenovo all have older models that will be cheaper and outperform this one.

Also the build quality will probably be far superior. They made to last for decades and people payed more for the durability.

For example my Thinkpad T530 did cost about 120 bucks with the best display of its line. I spend like 30 more for 16gb ram. 15 for a 5ghz graphics card. 5 bucks for a used docking station. And then bought 2 large SSD.

The point here is, I have a great display, a great keyboard, a maschine that I can drop to the ground (if closed) from a third building level. A keyboard that I can spill water on without damaging the internals. It has LCD backlight that does not have the blue light issues that may affect your sleep and health of LED backlight.

The performance of the CPU may be notably less than with a new notebook, if the new notebook has a suitable cooling solution and does not throddle the CPU. But it is nowhere as big as you may think. Especially in a relativly cheap new one.

And my internal dedicated graphics is still much better than any integrated in your price range.

But of course it is heavy and the battery may not last as long as the newers one.