Building a new pc from scratch so I can run Solidworks

Budget (including currency): don't really have one 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Solid Works 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello everyone, I am building a new pc from scratch so I can run Solidworks, I'm going to be designing assembly lines, this means the designs are going to have  

lots of parts, I was researching the hardware i would need for this and this is what i came up with 

CPU- 3.3ghz or higher 6 or more core  

RAM- 64 GB 

GPU-Quadro P2200 

SSD-2TB 

Tho I'm not sure about the Quadro series, I'm not up to date and I can't really find any info on them, so if anyone know what hardware would be best it would really help me 

Thank you all for your time.

For the CPU side of things go with the highest single core performance possible, lots of things are single thread in SW.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I don't think that Quadro GPU at all worth especially that low tier that even 3060 will massive outperform it.

Even most professional people who work with 3D graphic usually use 3090/4090 not Quadro.

Quadro is super expensive and mostly used only for final rendering not workstation.

from my experience with solidworks fast single core performance and fast storage is all you need. (I've talked to reps before who've confirmed that other than rendering solidworks is mostly single threaded)

then again, most assemblies I deal with top out at around 200 parts which I'm sure is far below what you'll be working with

my build:

5600g

16gb ram

gen 3 nvme

sw 2019

24 minutes ago, Winterlight said:

I don't think that Quadro GPU at all worth especially that low tier that even 3060 will massive outperform it.

Even most professional people who work with 3D graphic usually use 3090/4090 not Quadro.

the problem with the geforce cards is solidworks ignores them in a lot of situations.  you can get around this with various registry hacks but they are kindof a pain to setup (involves a lot of trial and error)

45 minutes ago, Diego Martinez said:

this means the designs are going to have  

lots of parts,

how many parts?

45 minutes ago, Diego Martinez said:

GPU-Quadro P2200 

If you want a dedicated gpu, I would go with the pny a2000, also support by solidworks (it is around the same price new as the p2200 and much more powerful)