AMD Link "device is unreachable"

sa1672ndo

After entering the pin AMD link says that the device is currently unreachable.

1 minute ago, sa1672ndo said:

After entering the pin AMD link says that the device is currently unreachable.

I've had AMD link be better than steam link, but still hit or miss. Make sure they are on the same network (sometimes even a difference in connection between 2.4 vs 5ghz bands can be a problem [anecdotal evidence]), and that all devices are currently running the latest version of their respective softwares. It may also take a few tries to get it to connect properly. 

7 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

I've had AMD link be better than steam link, but still hit or miss. Make sure they are on the same network (sometimes even a difference in connection between 2.4 vs 5ghz bands can be a problem [anecdotal evidence]), and that all devices are currently running the latest version of their respective softwares. It may also take a few tries to get it to connect properly. 

host device is using ethernet and my client devices uses 2.4ghz

could that be the issue??

7 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

by "it may also take a few tries" you mean 50? because even after 50 tries using diff settings it doesn't let me connect

3 hours ago, sa1672ndo said:

by "it may also take a few tries" you mean 50? because even after 50 tries using diff settings it doesn't let me connect

Yikes, the most number of times I've had to retry is like 4-5. What card do you have, and what are you trying to stream to?

On 3/24/2023 at 10:33 PM, BiotechBen said:

Yikes, the most number of times I've had to retry is like 4-5. What card do you have, and what are you trying to stream to?

sapphire rx570 nitro+ and im trying to stream onto my phone.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:36 PM, Soundbored said:

phone and my pc where on my 2.4ghz wifi and when setting up link i pressed the "auto config firewall settings" and i double checked to see if it actually set it up correctly... when i try to connect my pc would see that my phone is trying to connect and will pop up the pin but after entering it it would just say that my device is unreachable. Tried the gamelink code, manual connection and enabling "accept all connection" with no luck.
So i just switched to parsec.