Desktop stutters with new gpu

cheiften98
Go to solution Solved by cheiften98,

I found it happens when I go afk and turn my monitor off. I turned it off and on again and it fixes the issues. Ill play with the settings. likely a free sync issue or something I imagine. 

I recently upgraded from a 1070 to a RX 6700xt. This issue has only happen twice, once on drivers 23.3.1 and I changed to 23.2.2. once on each driver. entire pc because super stuttery, dragging windows is stuttery.  gpu clock speed gets locked at 400mhz and is zigzagging.  
Never had anything like this on my 1070.
Ive played a decent amount of CSGO and Phasmaphobia recently. Phasmaphobia is fine, tiny stutters when I first load in then is fine for hours after. CSGO ill have very random tiny freezes, very few and far between. Not tried CSGO on the 23.2.2 drivers.  Hogwarts Legacy has been fine too. same areas that stutters on 1070 do but not as bad, thats just down to the game. 
The desktop stutter issue gets instantly fixed when I restart my pc. not really sure what to try. I am using a 144hz monitor. just being typing this up gpu power consumption is 44-46 watts. I assume thats normal?
Not sure if there is a driver issue or something wrong with the card. I did do DDU when I first installed the new drivers. 

Edit:

I ran 3d Mark Stress test and had no issues on drivers 23.3.1. Did the other benchmarks and no issues either. Power Supply is 600w and it does say 650w is required but im not sure its that as not had the issue when gaming. The stuttering happen when I came back after leaving pc on desktop for 10mins. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 1070 Duel Asus OC Edition, 16gb ram, Asus Tuf Gaming x570-plus

Its done it again. It seems to only do it when I go afk for 10mins. so very strange. I was just playing games for a few hours and desktop is super laggy after leaving pc for 10mins. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 1070 Duel Asus OC Edition, 16gb ram, Asus Tuf Gaming x570-plus

I found it happens when I go afk and turn my monitor off. I turned it off and on again and it fixes the issues. Ill play with the settings. likely a free sync issue or something I imagine.