multiple org. membership possible.

thedomsaww

This just launched... multiple orgs membership possible.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13856-Multiple-Organization-Membership-Launched

Greetings Citizens,

Can’t choose between Imperium and LAMP? We’re proud to announce that the team at Turbulent has enabled multiple organization membership! Citizens can now select both a ‘main’ organization and up to nine ‘affiliates.’ Please check out the FAQ below for more details.

This can be considered ‘version 1.5’ of the Organizations system; additional features are coming in the future, including fleet view and inter-organizational reputation systems. Note that joining an Organization today will carry over into the finished game: these are some of your first steps into the Star Citizen universe!

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Q: What does “Visibility” mean for an Org Member or Affiliate?

A: We’ve introduced the concept of Membership Visibility to give you control over what other backers can see. When you join an Org, either as your Main or as an Affiliation, you’ll immediately be asked to choose a Visibility.

Q: What are the types of Visibility?

A: There are three types of Visibility:

• Public: Everyone can see you’re part of that Org. It shows up in your Citizen Dossier, and you show up in its Member list.
  • Redacted: People can see that you’re part of “an” Org, but can’t see which. Your Citizen Dossier has a “Redacted” block where that Org would be, and you show up as “Redacted” in its Member List. All “Redacted” blocks make it impossible to trace the Member or the Org. (Note: the Org’s Officers can still see you clearly in their own Admin view. They were the ones who recruited you anyway)
  • Hidden: Nothing shows up in your Citizen Dossier. It’s like you were never part of it. The Org’s Member List shows a blank card where you would be. (Note: Again, the Org’s Officers can see you clearly in their Admin view)

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I'd like to officially ask that this org become exclusive. And actively police it's members to not allow them to join Multi-Orgs. Why? A frew reasons, but mainly to ensure that operations for the Org are not leaked to folks who are part of other Orgs. 

Just my $.02

We've known about this for some time :P. They skipped us though!

Half considering making a new org, but I don't want to set the UOLTT© as an affiliate org...

The visibility function is kinda cool especially for us who are planning to be a criminal/pirate type player.  I can be an official member with a Redacted visibility so as not to bring too much attention to the org.

Half considering making a new org, but I don't want to set the UOLTT© as an affiliate org...

Ya i was thinking the same thing it be cool to have a pirate org who is loosely affiliated with UOLTT.  But then i wouldn't be able to contribute to UOLTT.

when the game comes out we can make smirf characters to run the underground org and our main can be affiliated with them.

Ya i was thinking the same thing it be cool to have a pirate org who is loosely affiliated with UOLTT. But then i wouldn't be able to contribute to UOLTT.

The problem is that you can only have a role in your main org.

The problem is that you can only have a role in your main org.

Ya i know oh well ill just have to redact my visibility so i dont bring un wanted attention to the UOLTT.

Oh wow, this might have been the reason why I couldn't get into the chat this afternoon.

9 affiliates seem like much to me. How would people fill those up?

I think now we have to be careful about sharing OP information etc...

Small edit: The first line of that article: "Can't decide between Imperium and LAMP?" COME ON! We are there in between, show us some love CIG ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Oh wow, this might have been the reason why I couldn't get into the chat this afternoon.

9 affiliates seem like much to me. How would people fill those up?

I think now we have to be careful about sharing OP information etc...

Small edit: The first line of that article: "Can't decide between Imperium and LAMP?" COME ON! We are there in between, show us some love CIG ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if this actually created some nonuple spies 

I'd like to officially ask that this org become exclusive. And actively police it's members to not allow them to join Multi-Orgs. Why? A frew reasons, but mainly to ensure that operations for the Org are not leaked to folks who are part of other Orgs. 

Just my $.02

I like the fact UOLTT is open but you'd need to ask @ixi_your_face

We've known about this for some time :P. They skipped us though!

Yeah just commented on that, we are the forgotten middle child.

You can't have your cake AND eat it but it does screw up my black ops now

Okay, I made the Guardians org. http://www.robertsspactindustries.com/orgs/guar

If anyone I trust is interested, I MIGHT give you a role.

and how you made that without making uoltt affiliate?

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

and how you made that without making uoltt affiliate?

By making the UOLTT an affiliate. Invited you if you're interested.

why you should make ltt affiliate and why you will make guardians " exclusive", if any org should be exclusive it must be ltt

freelance and smuggling does not really work well with the name :)

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

Having only the option to make or join affiliate organizations is really not enough
there MUST be an option to create sub-organizations
Most of the big ( not only ) will gave factions or sub organizations handling different tasks and players
that is why this is a "must do"

hope they will add more options soon

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/guar

Also @DamDirtyApe is giving it away with his avatar

Wait, what? lol

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks