Watercooler for my GPU

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is ANY aftermarket Graphics Card cooler in the stlye of an Ares 2 (so a closed loop liquid cooler and a fan for the Graphics card ONLY) i do not want to make a custom loop including my CPU i just want to cool only the GPU itself.

Can u guys recomend me anything?

Oh well : I am using a BitFenix Shinobe Midi Tower, and a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 so the top2 and the back 1 Fan mounts are unacsessable (althougth there are fans installed)

Greetz

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is ANY aftermarket Graphics Card cooler in the stlye of an Ares 2 (so a closed loop liquid cooler and a fan for the Graphics card ONLY) i do not want to make a custom loop including my CPU i just want to cool only the GPU itself.

Can u guys recomend me anything?

Oh well : I am using a BitFenix Shinobe Midi Tower, and a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 so the top2 and the back 1 Fan mounts are unacsessable (althougth there are fans installed)

Greetz

the arctic accelero hybrid is exactly what your looking for by the sound of it

the arctic accelero hybrid is exactly what your looking for by the sound of it

I seem to remember it having bad reviews.

What GPU do you have?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I seem to remember it having bad reviews.

What GPU do you have?

its actually not that bad i have one on a 7870 and it keeps it cooler then the msi cooler did, got the cooler for free and as long as you install it correctly ie fallow the instructions it actually performs very well :)

I have a 660Ti by gigabyte windforce x2..

Edit: took a look at the arctic hybrid thingy and it looks well.. not that great.. also its pretty expensive :O

It costs as much as a H100..with this money it should be possible to do some custom thing or?

It doesnt have to be some predone thing.. but just easy to assamble.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I have a 660Ti by gigabyte windforce x2..

Edit: took a look at the arctic hybrid thingy and it looks well.. not that great.. also its pretty expensive :o

It costs as much as a H100..with this money it should be possible to do some custom thing or?

It doesnt have to be some predone thing.. but just easy to assamble.

You will have to build a loop. You can just ignore the cpu block and only use 2 gpu blocks. Which saves you money on the cpu block. Just go to the FAQs at the top of the forum section for general watercooling help. If you have any issues understanding anything ask. :)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

You will have to build a loop. You can just ignore the cpu block and only use 2 gpu blocks. Which saves you money on the cpu block. Just go to the FAQs at the top of the forum section for general watercooling help. If you have any issues understanding anything ask. :)

you misunderstood Windforce x2 is the name of the card :) i do own only one..

which radiator should i use? a single 120mm? placing it at the bottom would be fine?

uploading a picture of the entetia of my case soon

you misunderstood Windforce x2 is the name of the card :) i do own only one..

which radiator should i use? a single 120mm? placing it at the bottom would be fine?

uploading a picture of the entetia of my case soon

Whoops misread that. A single 120 should be enough but try to get a 140 or a 240. It will allow you to run your fans at very low speeds.

Hmm my shinobi has no space for dual rads.. the rear fan should by covered by my CPU cooler..

May you gimme a website to see all those radiators with benchmark numbers? cant find anything meaningful on the webz

May you gimme a website to see all those radiators with benchmark numbers? cant find anything meaningful on the webz

No such thing in water-cooling as radiator benchmarks. There are so many combinations and variables it would be impossible. If you want a good idea look at how much a power a radiator can dissipate. The higher the better.

Compare this to the TDP of your GPU.

so just as for CPU aircoolers the more TDP the better?

so just as for CPU aircoolers the more TDP the better?

Yes. But with rads the TDP depends on a lot more.

Is this Radiator alright?

EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream RAD XT 120

You would be cutting it fine but it should be enough. Remember more rads mean fans can run at lower speeds.

okay.. radiator in the bottom is not going to work -.- PSU cables wont fit anymore then..

Just took a few pictures of my PC (using my old GTX 560Ti from Club3d)

Looking for for :

a) a good case with a similar layout like the SST-TJ07 (bottom and top seperated by a plate and bottom fit a PSU + 240mm rad and in fromt maybe another one.. but not needed) looking to cool both my GPU and CPU with water then..

b) a good and cheap way to cool my current system with water (CPU+GPU)

c) some other method where i can keep my current CPU cooler (not necessarily needed because i can give it to my brother he could need a not as loud as stock shitz cooler)

PS: Yes i know the cablemanagement is not that good but for my first build PC its quite good..

post-576-0-22396100-1368294478.jpg

post-576-0-33488500-1368294487.jpg

post-576-0-35674000-1368294494.jpg

post-576-0-71279100-1368294500.jpg

post-576-0-22396100-1368294478.jpg

post-576-0-33488500-1368294487.jpg

post-576-0-35674000-1368294494.jpg

post-576-0-71279100-1368294500.jpg

The only case with a bottom compartment is the TJ series and the Corsair 800/900D afaik.

damn -.- was thinking of something which does not cost 100+Euros :D

damn -.- was thinking of something which does not cost 100+Euros :D

I know you can get a pedestal for the switch 810. Maybe you can do that for cheaper cases.

(The switch 810 pedestal is rare and costs >£100)

So this is just the bottom compartment to attatch to any case? atleast thats what i'Ve understood so far

uhs ec its for the switch 810 from NZXT

EDIT: just found out that they are made by Dwood? and he makes them for literaly any case? if so where can i "order one?

So this is just the bottom compartment to attatch to any case? atleast thats what i'Ve understood so far

uhs ec its for the switch 810 from NZXT

Well yes, but you need it to be specific to a case. Its not universal.

And yes NZXT Switch 810.

Okay do you know if he would produce one for me for the Bitfenix shinobi? so i could fit a 240 or even 360 mm rad in the bottom

Okay do you know if he would produce one for me for the Bitfenix shinobi? so i could fit a 240 or even 360 mm rad in the bottom

You expect someone to design a pedestal for a case for you? Good luck trying.

Why ? does he dont do that? i dont have the materials and the tools to produce things like that on my own..

I think he only makes them for one or two cases, which he owns. It is pretty much impossible to design and make one without having the actual case to see dimension, fit and finish, etc. You current case really isn't meant for watercooling. The reason he can make a pedestal for the 810 is because the bottom 240 is actually open, so you can run equipment between the pedestal and the case. I doubt that is the same for your case...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Wenn i could cut out the fan mount on the bottom :)