Windows 11 - Local Security Authority is turned off can't be turned on.

Hi,

Today when I started my computer, I got a prompt from windows 11 defender saying that Local Security Authority is turned off and when I click "go to settings" I get the following prompt: "Page not available - The page you are trying to access has no supported features and is not available." (Image of the prompt attached). This only showed up today. The last time my windows updated was a few days ago (don't remember the exact date). I would like to fix this issue without having to reinstall/reset my windows. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

windows.png

7 minutes ago, undercooked spaghetti said:

Hi,

Today when I started my computer, I got a prompt from windows 11 defender saying that Local Security Authority is turned off and when I click "go to settings" I get the following prompt: "Page not available - The page you are trying to access has no supported features and is not available." (Image of the prompt attached). This only showed up today. The last time my windows updated was a few days ago (don't remember the exact date). I would like to fix this issue without having to reinstall/reset my windows. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

windows.png

This might help

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-security-local-security-authority/dd4b6324-cf2b-4488-b804-713386988d5e

Just an Ordinary Senior High-Schooler.

Please correct me if Im wrong when posting on someone's forum, that would really help me out. 👌

1 hour ago, undercooked spaghetti said:

I tried this and it worked. However I still can't open the menu for core isolation. Any ideas how to fix that?

Click Windows 11 Start and type “Windows Security” and press Enter. Go to Device security and click Core isolation details. Under Core isolation, make sure the Memory integrity toggle is turned on. You may need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Source https://www.onmsft.com/news/enable-core-isolations-memory-integrity/

Just an Ordinary Senior High-Schooler.

Please correct me if Im wrong when posting on someone's forum, that would really help me out. 👌

• 3 months later...

This was caused by MSFT sending out a bad update to Windows Defender.  All three of our PCs have this same problem.  There is conflicting advice about whether this poses any issue and when MSFT tried to fix it, new problems arose.  The "official" statement from MSFT is to wait for an update which is what I am doing.  I am unconvinced that there is any real risk in waiting and the only real way to fix it is via a registry change.  Just leave things alone and practice safe Internet surfing and you will be OK>

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2023 at 1:31 PM, Alan G said:

This was caused by MSFT sending out a bad update to Windows Defender.  All three of our PCs have this same problem.  There is conflicting advice about whether this poses any issue and when MSFT tried to fix it, new problems arose.  The "official" statement from MSFT is to wait for an update which is what I am doing.  I am unconvinced that there is any real risk in waiting and the only real way to fix it is via a registry change.  Just leave things alone and practice safe Internet surfing and you will be OK>

I'm curious. Did it fix itself for you? or did you end up doing that reg something to remove the yellow triangle warning?

55 minutes ago, Kim_NT said:

I'm curious. Did it fix itself for you? or did you end up doing that reg something to remove the yellow triangle warning?

No it hasn't been fixed on any of the three PCs.  I don't want to do a registry change because that might screw things up whenever MSFT issues a fix for the problem.  I don't view this as a major issue at all.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

1 minute ago, Alan G said:

No it hasn't been fixed on any of the three PCs.  I don't want to do a registry change because that might screw things up whenever MSFT issues a fix for the problem.  I don't view this as a major issue at all.

Thanks for the reply! I feel the same 🙂 I'm not going to mess with anything and hope they (finally...) release an update to put it back to normal

Closing the loop on this.  Microsoft finally released the update to Windows Defender that fixed the bug.  KB5007651 (Version 1.0.2306.10002)  was installed on July 5 and all three of our PCs do not show the warning sign any longer.