Rumored Price of RTX 4070 starting at 750 USD

starsmine
13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I don't know, I'm still holding out for that RTX Titan Ada he "leaked" a few months ago. That's definitely coming, right? /s

Yeah but you don't understand man, they just "changed plans" again, it was totally legit and definitely not made up.

He should change his channel's name to "Definitely not made up"

🤣

32 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Haha I knew someone was going to say that.

Bro, MLID always prefaces every supposed "leak" he comes up with out of thin air by saying "of course this is still subject to change".

So basically he can never be wrong eh?

If he was wrong, there was just a "change of plans". 

If he was right, there happens to have been no change of plans.

Genius.

🤣

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I never said that, I never argued that. Leaks like this is exactly the same as intelligence work, just without the well... international political espionage. Confidence intervals are a VERY important thing to keep in mind, and the fact things are subject to change. 

He of course can, and does get analysis wrong, and he has incorrectly weighed some sources more then he should have in some of his stories.

Every intelligence workers knows to do retrospectives and see where they got things wrong, and why. you roll enough dice you gonna come up with snake eyes, just have to learn the best ways to weight the dice(analysis) to not do that.  However, from everything I have seen for this specific story, again, that is not what happened. Correct analysis, "there are internal conversations as well as communications with AIBs of a significant probability MSRP of 750 at/around this date"

there is a massive difference between making things up and bullshitting, and what is going on here. 

5 hours ago, starsmine said:

He of course can, and does get analysis wrong, and he has incorrectly weighed some sources more then he should have in some of his stories.

[...]

there is a massive difference between making things up and bullshitting, and what is going on here. 

MLID is intentionally presenting the "most sensational" perspective. It's tabloid journalism in a nutshell.

You can see with his "ADA Titan RTX" renders what happened. He found an (incomplete) set of pictures of an AD102 prototype. He filled in the gaps with "hallucinations" as it is called nowadays. And it didn't even fit in the story:

image.png.d6144a6b383aabfc52a1bc85f42bac29.png

Which was in fact this prototype with the weird 90° flipped PCB:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://www.techpowerup.com/img/uXR4ZHinr0eAqQap.jpg

He presented it as "ohh, I can't show you the photos to protect my sources so I made this render". Sure...

He is making things up and bullshitting, because he is making money with tabloid journalism.

13 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

He is making things up and bullshitting, because he is making money with tabloid journalism.

Exactly.

I don't even understand how his channel even has 100 subscribers, let alone 150k. But other media outlets taking his garbage and making articles out of it is certainly not helping. And neither is posting his garbage on here as news items.