Kinda hard (and weird) trying to get a replacement receiver for the G915 keyboard.

I just need a bit of a sense check here. i bought a Logitech G915 keyboard, and I love it. i recently started wondering what happens if I damage/lose the receiver. I assumed it would be a simple case of buying a new one, so off I went to the Logitech store. Nothing. Weird. So I checked Amazon and found one listing on .com, A receiver on Aliexpress, but nothing in Europe. So I contact support and got this:

"Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about the experience. We certainly understand your situation, and this is surely not what we intend to deliver. We will be sharing your feedback, to our team. And, we always want to ensure we are providing our customers with the best products and experience. We would request you to please check with any third party resellers or online E-commerce websites for the spare receiver for your G915 keyboard. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Can it be that Logitech ship its most expensive products without catering for spare parts? Am I the only person that finds this kinda strange.. or is this just normal.. that when a $2 usb receiver borks, it renders a $230 keyboard useless? Surely this is a good one for @LinusTech to poke a litte.

It really is a hit and miss (more often miss) with Logitech products and spare parts. G915 has absolutely no replacement parts on offer by Logitech. All peripherals I own (2 keyboards and 1 mice) also have no spare parts and I'm honestly not surprised at all and never considered they'd exist.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025903194

firefox_2023-03-13_21-48-23.png.9b964524da67bd3aeb26e44beb08b914.png

8 hours ago, Murasaki said:

G915 has absolutely no replacement parts on offer by Logitech. All peripherals I own (2 keyboards and 1 mice) also have no spare parts and I'm honestly not surprised at all and never considered they'd exist.

I dont think they even have a pairing tool for it like what Razer has for their Hyperspeed lineup of wireless mice, which is also borderline embarassing. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Good to know. I better hope i'll never lose it then...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I find it really strange and surprised reviewers haven't pulled them up on this. It makes lightspeed products economically risky hardware to buy. I just can't get my head around WHY they wouldn't provide spares. 

25 minutes ago, JMcE said:

I find it really strange and surprised reviewers haven't pulled them up on this. It makes lightspeed products economically risky hardware to buy. I just can't get my head around WHY they wouldn't provide spares. 

Most likely they just don't think about losing it. I'd plug it in the back USB port and forget about it. And thats probably the majority of users. I'd also doubt there's many people out there using such keyboards on the go (correct me if I'm wrong) to even have a chance to lose it.

As for Logitech they're just cheaping out on it and you shouldn't be surprised. Products being more expensive doesn't mean they'll get more support or easier repairability/part replacement...

1 hour ago, Murasaki said:

Most likely they just don't think about losing it. I'd plug it in the back USB port and forget about it. And thats probably the majority of users. I'd also doubt there's many people out there using such keyboards on the go (correct me if I'm wrong) to even have a chance to lose it.

As for Logitech they're just cheaping out on it and you shouldn't be surprised. Products being more expensive doesn't mean they'll get more support or easier repairability/part replacement...

Yeah, totally see your point. i was thinking i'll plug it in at the back, or use the extension cable that came with it and make sure it's in a protected place. Yeah, also not moving around with this keyboard though I can see people wanting to use the TKL that way.