Bsod "Driver power state failure" what is it?

Tadziunia

Hey guys recently started getting random bsod while doing idle workloads like watching youtube. I get bsod driver power state failure. I have ryzen 9 7950x + trident z neo 5 32gb 6000mhz cl30 kit. And rtx 3080 10gb. Two weeks ago i installed clean copy of windows 11. Cant source out what i did to get this random bsod. Everything is at stock. However i used shutup10++ to disable windows telemetry. Also i cant reproduce this bsod all the time. One day its fine next day it happens in few hours of usage and next day its fine again or it can happen in 10minutes of random light usage. Any ideas ?

• 1 month later...

Same thing happens to me. Ryzen 7950x and rtx 3060, msi b650 tomahawk. 64 GB 6000. Randomly get Bsod "Driver power state failure". Suspect power supply, but it worked just fine with two 3060 and ryzen 5900x..

On 3/11/2023 at 3:03 PM, Tadziunia said:

Hey guys recently started getting random bsod while doing idle workloads like watching youtube. I get bsod driver power state failure. I have ryzen 9 7950x + trident z neo 5 32gb 6000mhz cl30 kit. And rtx 3080 10gb. Two weeks ago i installed clean copy of windows 11. Cant source out what i did to get this random bsod. Everything is at stock. However i used shutup10++ to disable windows telemetry. Also i cant reproduce this bsod all the time. One day its fine next day it happens in few hours of usage and next day its fine again or it can happen in 10minutes of random light usage. Any ideas ?

Did you manage to fix it?

1 hour ago, imcer said:

You really should make your own thread instead of digging up old ones. Now that it has already been done, you need to post your dump files as instructed by the BOSD posting instructions thread on the front page. Driver_Power_State_Failure is when a driver or device has trouble switching from one power state to another. 

On 5/10/2023 at 10:03 PM, imcer said:

I just took cpu out of socket, ant reinstalled it. No BSOD ever since.