Xbox Series S vs Xbox Series X

ThatGam3r62

So I don’t have a tv yet but I’m wandering if it’s worth spending the extra money for a Xbox series x and paring it with a 4K 120hz tv.

at the moment I’m running a 1440p 144hz 27 inch monitor with Xbox Xbox one S

6 minutes ago, ThatGam3r62 said:

So I don’t have a tv yet but I’m wandering if it’s worth spending the extra money for a Xbox series x and paring it with a 4K 120hz tv.

at the moment I’m running a 1440p 144hz 27 inch monitor with Xbox Xbox one S

Only you can decide if its worth it or not. Its not answer you want, but its the answer you need.

7 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Only you can decide if its worth it or not. Its not answer you want, but its the answer you need.

But the new gen is about to come out even if the xbox series x is a good deal

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

3 hours ago, filpo said:

But the new gen is about to come out even if the xbox series x is a good deal

new gen what? Xbox series X is the  'next gen'

18 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

new gen what? Xbox series X is the  'next gen'

No i know but they might release a new one in the coming months

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

3 hours ago, filpo said:

that will be a minor upgrade, ie PS4 PRO or similar. Not a new architecture.

14 hours ago, filpo said:

I see your point, I believe Sony might be doing something, doesn't mean Microsoft is/isn't.

If it were to happen, Iam not convinced the upgrade will be like it was for the One to OneX.

You can't always be waitin for the next console release, unless you know something is happening it could be years.

I popped for the 75" 120hz 4k samsung qled last year for my xbox series x.  Absolutely love it.  But only you can decide and worth varies depending on your means.  I have just gotten to this point crossing into my 40s and it is the first TV I have ever purchased.  Before then I would get broken tvs and repair them.

I would recommend the series x over the s if at all possible.  storage alone will become an issue plus the added power of the x per the price point.

New console gen won't be here until 2027 at the earliest. I think Series X is a much better buy, no contest whatsoever. Not only do you get a 2.5x to 3x stronger gpu, so something like a 6700 XT instead of an RX 5500 XT, but you get 1TB of storage instead of 500 GB. That Series S may look cheap at first at $300 but add another $200 for the 1TB expansion and you're at Series X price with a way weaker gpu and only an extra 500GB of storage to show for it. 500GB on Series S is going to be a pain to deal with when you're only going to have about 300GB after factoring in overprovisioning, the loss going from Giga Bytes (what drive sizes are measured in, 1GB = 10^9 bytes) to Gibi Bytes (what the OS measures the drive size in, 1 GiB = 1024^3 = 2^30 bytes), plus the XBox operating system. Furthermore you lose access to physical games by going Series S, and physical is the way to go for games less than two years old since there is so much competition for physical sales between retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Amazon, Newegg, etc so you tend to see good deals on physical games within a few months of release. Series X by a mile.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a little late to mention this, but don’t expect a pro version of any console for this gen. Unlike the previous gen (PS4/Xbone) where they started off with some mediocre specs that needed an upgrade the moment the specs were announced, this gen started off pretty strong spec-wise. Since current gen console actually have more than decent specs, it is most likely that we won’t see a pro version but do expect to see slim versions especially a PS5 slim.

There is no real motiviation for a pro version since the boost in performance would be minimal and a small upgrade compared to what the ps4 pro/Xbone X performed to their original counterparts. The real goal for this gen is to slim down these gigantic consoles and make them as cheap to manufacture (don’t expect a price decrease anytime soon) as soon as possible to make a slightly higher profit margin.