If I Delete my virtual machine. will i get my 1 cpu thing back and my memory i allocated with it? please respond

Im scared when i delete my virtual machine. it wont give my cpu back? and my memory allocated with itimage.png.a1ab55ceab64441a91f4d5e4ace7bc78.png

It doesn't "take" the CPU or RAM in the first place, it's just allowed to use up to what's specified when it needs. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

That just sets a limit to how much of the host system's resources the virtual machine is allowed to use while it's running. It's not reserving hardware specifically for that VM. There's nothing to "give back".

When the VM isn't running, it's not using any resources at all.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, Lukelilkl said:

Im scared when i delete my virtual machine. it wont give my cpu back? and my memory allocated with it

Short: yes, it will.

A VM is just another OS inside of your main OS. You're only allowing the VM to use some of your memory and cores. Whenever the VM is not running, all those cores and memory is yours, not being held ransom.

Think of it like a tank full of water, with a few taps(cores) at the bottom. When you allocate one core to the VM, it really just means you allowed the VM to take water from one of the taps. You as the user can still use the rest of the taps, and what the VM doesn't use is yours. If you delete/power down the VM, just means that tap is fully yours.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide