Can anyone sell me on a mid atx case and 4-5 matching fans?

Bender Blues

Afternoon.

Budget of $130 or so. All I'm looking for is a nice mid atx case with a glass door, decent air cooling and most importantly, 4-5 matching fans and one controller. No water cooling in the future.

Not looking to have multiple controllers, splitters etc - that's what I got myself into shopping around. Some of the cases I saw needed a couple of fans added, maybe separate controller etc.

Just a case with all the same fans and one controller, is that to much to ask? 😆 

Thank you very much.

** Here on the West Coast USA **

5 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

Afternoon.

Budget of $130 or so. All I'm looking for is a nice mid atx case with a glass door, decent air cooling and most importantly, 4-5 matching fans and one controller. No water cooling in the future.

Not looking to have multiple controllers, splitters etc - that's what I got myself into shopping around. Some of the cases I saw needed a couple of fans added, maybe separate controller etc.

Just a case with all the same fans and one controller, is that to much to ask? 😆 

Thank you very much.

Fractal Design Torrent or Torrent Compact go brrrr. Torrent is more of a full tower, compact is more mid tower sized. Two 180mm fans by default is plenty for most systems, especially with its positive pressure design.

The Torrent comes with 5 matching fans, two 180mm's on the front and three 140mm's on the bottom. Its not really a 'mid tower' though, at least by my standard.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

39 minutes ago, Agall said:

Fractal Design Torrent or Torrent Compact go brrrr. Torrent is more of a full tower, compact is more mid tower sized. Two 180mm fans by default is plenty for most systems, especially with its positive pressure design.

The Torrent comes with 5 matching fans, two 180mm's on the front and three 140mm's on the bottom. Its not really a 'mid tower' though, at least by my standard.

Oh, thats a great start, thank you very much! I'll take a look right soon.

Anyone else, please feel free to throw a quick couple of sentences in on what you know of, Thank You!!

Just get the cheapest case available that fits your criteria, should be able to get something decent around 50-80$

But what country? Cause if you happen to live in asia you can get cases that fit your criteria for a mere 30$ cause china, if you dont have cheap china cases or atleast a cheap local brand then yea sucks to suck youre problably stuck with 50-80$ pricing

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just get the cheapest case available that fits your criteria, should be able to get something decent around 50-80$

But what country? Cause if you happen to live in asia you can get cases that fit your criteria for a mere 30$ cause china, if you dont have cheap china cases or atleast a cheap local brand then yea sucks to suck youre problably stuck with 50-80$ pricing

In the US. "The cheapest case" doesn't really help here, was hoping someone could point or recommend a certain case/manufacture.

TY

I like Fractal cases. I have a Meshify C running my sons system, and I am using a Torrent Compact. I still have an old Define R4 kicking around.. it was good in its day.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

2 hours ago, freeagent said:

I like Fractal cases. I have a Meshify C running my sons system, and I am using a Torrent Compact. I still have an old Define R4 kicking around.. it was good in its day.

Alright, will check that out when I get home, TY!

Buy any case you like for up to 100$ USD
Spend ~30 bucks on a 5 pack of Arctic P12 / P14 PWM PST Fans.  (They have built in splitters, so you can easily run multiple off any given fan header, no controller needed.)

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I just got one of these, I love it

https://vetroo.com/products/m03-bk

that's MAtx, I believe ATX was a requirement.  

Here's a GN review of a case with 12 included fans!  (Don't buy it anyways lol)