Overclocking my ram causes my PC to not boot.

TheShakenKing

I've seen other posts describing my issue and I got it fixed. Reset the CMOS and I'm good. 
But now I cant figure out how to Overclock my ram without the PC failing to boot. The RGB lights up and the fans spin, my motherboard has lights to indicate what its trying to start and its always stuck on the processor. 

It would help to tell exactly what settings you're changing, as well as what the exact parts involved are (RAM model number and speed bin, motherboard model number and revision if applicable, and CPU, as well as the BIOS revision). It could be as simple as you need to pull the battery for a minute to cause the board to hard reset all the training algorithms, you could need to reflash the BIOS, it could be there's a setting you need to change in order to go for higher frequencies than stock, it could just be that your motherboard or CPU just can't handle the memory speeds you're trying to hit. There's so many different things that it could be that without knowing any of the other information surrounding it, it's impossible to tell what you need to do. 

23 minutes ago, TheShakenKing said:

I've seen other posts describing my issue and I got it fixed. Reset the CMOS and I'm good. 
But now I cant figure out how to Overclock my ram without the PC failing to boot. The RGB lights up and the fans spin, my motherboard has lights to indicate what its trying to start and its always stuck on the processor. 

probably you’re just changing the speed without changing anything else? In that case, you should learn how to overclock before touching any more BIOS settings.

Or maybe your CPU/mobo just can’t handle ram that’s as fast as, say, the XMP profile you’re trying to enable. So we’d need a full spec list as well as all the settings you’re changing, like Ronothan said.

I'm gonna continue with all of the above, and also say I've fixed that problem in the past by increasing my RAM voltage a little bit.

That may not be the fix for you though, and it would still be helpful to know all of the variables involved here.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

9 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It would help to tell exactly what settings you're changing, as well as what the exact parts involved are (RAM model number and speed bin, motherboard model number and revision if applicable, and CPU, as well as the BIOS revision). It could be as simple as you need to pull the battery for a minute to cause the board to hard reset all the training algorithms, you could need to reflash the BIOS, it could be there's a setting you need to change in order to go for higher frequencies than stock, it could just be that your motherboard or CPU just can't handle the memory speeds you're trying to hit. There's so many different things that it could be that without knowing any of the other information surrounding it, it's impossible to tell what you need to do. 

Processor    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor, 3401 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends International, LLC. P.10, 5/16/2022
SMBIOS Version    2.8
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product    B550 GAMING GEN3 (MS-7B86)
BaseBoard Version    5.0

Sorry didn't think to post this stuff it was late. 
All I did was change the DRAM Frequency, Not sure if that's all I was supposed to do I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes PCs but for my friends PC all we did was change the DRAM frequency and it worked, Though we did update his bios beforehand because of a couple upgrades we made.
LMK if there is anything else you need 

3 hours ago, TheShakenKing said:

All I did was change the DRAM Frequency

There's your problem. In order to get higher frequencies than defaults to work, you need to enable XMP (or DOCP on some boards, though I'm pretty sure MSI calls it XMP). This changes not only the frequency, but the memory timings and the voltages to what the kit is rated for. Enable that and it should start working.